add to post

Joanne O' Keeffe
hi, i would like to post  a query about gramps

Re: add to post

Ross Gammon
Hi Joanne,

Please do post your query! Someone should be able to help you out.

Put the theme of your question in the "Subject" field, your question in the "Text" field, and send it to the list as you just did.

Ross

On 02/12/12 13:54, Joanne O' Keeffe wrote:
hi, i would like to post  a query about gramps

Re: how to print full detailed family tree

Ross Gammon
Hi Joanne,

You need to email your query to [hidden email] (not me personally). Then all of the members of the list will see the query and you have a better chance of a useful reply.

It can be hard sometimes to find the right options in the reports to get it looking just how you want it. Can you give more information about the type of report and information you want to print out? If you want exactly what is on the screen, you can always press the "print screen" button on your keyboard, and then paste that "screenshot" from the clipboard into a document that you can then print.

Ross

On 02/12/12 18:16, Joanne O Keeffe wrote:
Hi,

I have family tree of about 200 names, which I would like to somehow in a report format or pedigree format print out to give to family members, who would not be able to use computers/technology to look at it online, can anyone help me with this?
I have tried making a report but none turn out to be the right one I am looking for, which is basically a hard copy of what I see onscreen!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Joanne O Keeffe

On 2 Dec 2012, at 13:58, Ross Gammon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joanne,

Please do post your query! Someone should be able to help you out.

Put the theme of your question in the "Subject" field, your question in the "Text" field, and send it to the list as you just did.

Ross

On 02/12/12 13:54, Joanne O' Keeffe wrote:
hi, i would like to post  a query about gramps

Re: how to print full detailed family tree

Benny Malengier
As you say: "I have tried making a report but none turn out to be the right one I am looking for, which is basically a hard copy of what I see onscreen! "

As Ralph says, gramps has a full screen mode (F11) and screenshot then is fast.
If you would like the info in the listviews, then there is an Export View entry in the Family Tree menu. This exports the view as a csv table.
A csv can be opened with excell or libreoffice spreadsheet and nicely printed from there.

Benny