again a novice question: Age 0 days

Janusz S. Bień

Hi!

I noticed that always (or almost always, I have not checked all the
occurences) the property (is this the right term?) "Age" is "0 days". If
this is correct, then was is the meaning of the property? If the date of
a birth is, say, 2000, I would expect the value of "Age" to be 18.

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,
Janusz S. Bien

Re: again a novice question: Age 0 days

Ron Johnson
On 08/31/2018 01:55 AM, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed that always (or almost always, I have not checked all the
> occurences) the property (is this the right term?) "Age" is "0 days". If
> this is correct, then was is the meaning of the property? If the date of
> a birth is, say, 2000, I would expect the value of "Age" to be 18.

Where do you see this?  If it's the Birth Event, then "0 days" is the
correct answer, since you're born when you are 0 days old.

On Fri, Aug 31 2018 at 12:30 -0500, [hidden email] writes:

> On 08/31/2018 01:55 AM, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I noticed that always (or almost always, I have not checked all the
>> occurences) the property (is this the right term?) "Age" is "0 days". If
>> this is correct, then was is the meaning of the property? If the date of
>> a birth is, say, 2000, I would expect the value of "Age" to be 18.
>
> Where do you see this?  If it's the Birth Event, then "0 days" is the
> correct answer, since you're born when you are 0 days old.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,
Janusz S. Bien
emeryt (emeritus)
https://sites.google.com/view/jsbien

Re: again a novice question: Age 0 days

L.W.
it would be nice if gramps shows the age from the date of birth to now
in brackets ...

Am 01.09.2018 um 14:53 schrieb Janusz S. Bień:

> On Fri, Aug 31 2018 at 12:30 -0500, [hidden email] writes:
>> On 08/31/2018 01:55 AM, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I noticed that always (or almost always, I have not checked all the
>>> occurences) the property (is this the right term?) "Age" is "0 days". If
>>> this is correct, then was is the meaning of the property? If the date of
>>> a birth is, say, 2000, I would expect the value of "Age" to be 18.
>> Where do you see this?  If it's the Birth Event, then "0 days" is the
>> correct answer, since you're born when you are 0 days old.
> Thank you very much!
>
> Best regards
>
> Janusz

Re: again a novice question: Age 0 days

GRAMPS - User mailing list

Hi  Janusz

You already have that in the Relationship View
In brackets are age at death or current age if alive

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries