ahnenforschung@familie-ihle.de:

Klaus.Kurzmann
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ahnenforschung@familie-ihle.de:

Michael Skiba
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ahnenforschung@familie-ihle.de:

Hallo Klaus,
> Same question comes up in the german GRAMPS-L but for an other system.
> What about opensuse 13.2 - actual available version is here 4.0.4
On our download site, I don't see anything newer than 4.0.4, that is
assuming that I can recognize a SUSE package. It's a long time since I
used SUSE myself, so I might be missing something.

I use Linux Mint myself, but since I'm quite a curious type, I just
installed opensuse 13.2 inside VirtualBox, and tried to build and
install Gramps 4.2 on that. I got it working in a few minutes, and it
looks OK to me.

If you are daring person, you may try it yourself, using the
instructions on this page:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Linux:Build_from_source

This page does not say anything about SUSE itself, but if you know how
to install packages on that, I bet that you will be able to build a test
version, and even install it in the menu, once you decide that it works
for you.

Since I don't know the details of your setup, I can't give you a full
walk-through of the process, but the basics are on the wiki page, and
when I test things, I normally just start, and see if there's any
complaint about missing packages. On my clean opensuse 13.2 install,
those were "intltool" and "python3-bsddb3". I needed the first to make
the build process work, and the second to actually be able to start
Gramps 4.2. I also saw a complaint about missing language files, and
PyICU, but that may be, because I worked with a clean version, without a
previous Gramps 4.0.4 on it. If you have that, PyICU is probably there
already, and I bet that you have the right language settings too.

Like I said, this was just a quick experiment, and if there are
experienced opensuse users on the list, you may get more help from them.
I installed all needed tools with YaST, and that worked.

regards,

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ahnenforschung@familie-ihle.de:

enno
Op 11-08-15 om 17:29 schreef Michael Skiba:
> Am Dienstag, 11. August 2015, 16:49:12 schrieb Enno Borgsteede:
>> On our download site, I don't see anything newer than 4.0.4, that is
>> assuming that I can recognize a SUSE package. It's a long time since I
>> used SUSE myself, so I might be missing something.
> Once again please be more specific, what is "our download site"?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/

If you click Browse All Files on that, most of our releases appear in
the Stable folder, and for 4.2, you can look inside

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.2.0/

When you do that, you see .dmg files for Mac, .deb for Debian/Ubuntu,
and .tar.gz with full source code, and right now that's it, meaning no
Fedora (.rpm), no SUSE (.???), no Windows (.exe). You can sometimes find
more files in older folders, but even in the one for 4.0.4, I don't see
anything SUSE like.

> If you're talking about the gramps homepage it is right there:
> Download -> Linux -> Via Distribution -> openSUSE -> available versions
That's not what I meant, but to my surprise it shows an official 4.2.0
for openSUSE Tumbleweed, with a "1 Click Install" button next to it. And
now I really wonder what that does ...

cheers,

Re: ahnenforschung@familie-ihle.de:

Sebastian Schubert