birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females

birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females

Moe Joe Blue
Hello,

for female married people I usually set the married name as the preferred name. In that case I added the birth name as alternative name.

However, I want to state the birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females. Like "Susann Smith (née Miller)".

How is that possible? I'm using Gramps 3.4.x on (x)ubuntu Linux.

Best

--
Moe Blue

Re: birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello,

I think it's not o good way for naming the girls what will you do if a women has been married twice?

But gramps is well done so you can do as you want and you can use an attribute on each person or event to indicate special informations

Regards

Manu

Le 01/06/2013 14:00, Moe Blue a écrit :
Hello,

for female married people I usually set the married name as the preferred name. In that case I added the birth name as alternative name.

However, I want to state the birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females. Like "Susann Smith (née Miller)".

How is that possible? I'm using Gramps 3.4.x on (x)ubuntu Linux.

Best

--
Moe Blue

http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_ap2

Re: birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females

Eckhard Genßmann

That’s a tricky question. How do you want this person listed if maried several times?

To overcome this issue, I’ve listed all people by their birth name (if known) as the preferred name and added the married name(s) as alternative name.

That works also if you have male/male or female/female couples.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to generate "Susann Smith (née Miller)".

Best regards,

Eckhard

2013/6/2 Eckhard Genssmann <[hidden email]>

That’s a tricky question. How do you want this person listed if maried several times?

To overcome this issue, I’ve listed all people by their birth name (if known) as the preferred name and added the married name(s) as alternative name.

That works also if you have male/male or female/female couples.

I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to generate "Susann Smith (née Miller)".

It would be possible to program this in the name displayer used.
Nobody did though.
The logic would be: Create name. If name type is not birth, but there is a birth type in alternate names, use this to set another surname as (nee other_surname)

Benny

Best regards,

Eckhard

Re: birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females

>  I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to generate "Susann Smith (née Miller)".

Just a question, is maiden name really using 'née' word in german or others locales than french?

-----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_ap2
-----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

Re: birth (girl's) name in the reports additionally for married females

Moe Joe Blue
nope. I would to use "geborene" in german.

Btw: I use the Birth name as Preferred Name now and add additionally
names If there happens something special with names.

Best

Am 03.06.2013 14:30, schrieb jerome:

>>   I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to generate "Susann Smith (née Miller)".
>
> Just a question, is maiden name really using 'née' word in german or others locales than french?

S_J_K
This post was updated on .
To manage names like "Susann Smith (née Miller)" you can add the maiden name in the person Attributes field. Give the attribute a name 'Maiden' and to the value 'Miller'.
When running reports enter in the Display tab Display Format field
$n(f l){ \(née $a[Maiden]\)}
You can optionally leave the maiden name out of the report by removing the {} -part