book of all data from all persons

benmeyer
Dear Users,

I want to print a book with all informations of all persons in the database. It should be like the "books" option using "all data from one person" but for all of them. It should look like this:

Person A
Birth, Events, etc.

Person B
Birth, Events, etc.

I want to do this to give it to some persons of the family to add informations (by pen & paper, cause they cant use computer).

I could do this by creating a book and put in the "all data from one person" for every entry i got- but that would take a lot of time and isnt quite professional. Is there another way?

Thank you in anticipation!

Greetings
Ben Meyer

PS I translated "books" and "all data..." from german into english- maybe its not the correct label gramp is using.

Re: book of all data from all persons

enno

Hi Ben,

If you want a compact list, with birth and death events only, you can also export the person view as a CSV file, and import that into your favorite spreadsheet software. This works best if you configure the person view to show birth and death locations too, which is not the standard, I think.

This is more compact than any report that I can think of, and it's quite flexible if you want to mark key persons in the spreadheet, which is something that Gramps won't do by itself, I think.

Events are birth and death only, but Gramps will display baptism and burial as alternatives if birth and death are not available.

Op 30-7-2019 om 08:30 schreef [hidden email]:
[...]

J. Allen Crider-2
I think you can get what you want using a Text Report instead of a Book.
  If you select Complete Individual Report from the Text Report menu,
you will get a window with several tabs.  On the Report Options tab, you
can select Entire Database or a filter to get a subset of the database.
Other tabs will allow you to choose to include or exclude some data.
The downside of this is that it generates at least one page per person
with people in alphabetical order (essentially the same order as grouped
people in the People view) and it doesn't allow for adding a title page
or other pages as a Book report does.

This might work well for you if you have a small database.  I find it is
generally more useful for me to generate either detailed ancestor
reports or detailed descendant reports that include the person(s) I am
sharing it with.  Sometimes I need more than one report to include
everything I want the person to review, but with over 60,000 people in
my database, it is much better than a complete report, and is usually
small enough that I can print it out if I need to give it to someone who
can't use a computer.

Allen Crider