branch for 4.1 created

Nick Hall
Developers, Translators,

The 4.1 branch has now been created:

http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/maintenance/gramps41/~/tree/

git checkout -b gramps40 origin/maintenance/gramps40

Translators - This is your last chance to update the translations before
release.

Developers - Please try and fix any outstanding bugs to make the release
as good as possible.  Remember to also copy your fixes in the master branch.

Please try to use the new branch as much as possible.

Re: branch for 4.1 created

enno
Nick,
> The 4.1 branch has now been created:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/maintenance/gramps41/~/tree/
>
> git checkout -b gramps40 origin/maintenance/gramps40
May I recommend

git pull --rebase
git checkout maintenance/gramps41

It may save us from another push outside the normal branch structure.

regards,

Re: branch for 4.1 created

Devs,
> Translators - This is your last chance to update the translations before
> release.

I did some here, but still have a problem with city/town/village and
locality. I like to treat the latter as a city district, and not
translate it to Plaats as it is now. Plaats is a generic term for
settlements.

Any Dutch translators on the list to handle that?

regards,

Re: branch for 4.1 created

On 21/05/14 14:47, Enno Borgsteede wrote:

>> The 4.1 branch has now been created:
>> >
>> >http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/source/ci/maintenance/gramps41/~/tree/
>> >
>> >git checkout -b gramps40 origin/maintenance/gramps40
> May I recommend
>
> git pull --rebase
> git checkout maintenance/gramps41
>
> It may save us from another push outside the normal branch structure.

Enno,

The command should have been:

git checkout -b gramps41 origin/maintenance/gramps41

I forgot to update it!

If you find it easier to use a different method, then please feel free
to do so.

Re: branch for 4.1 created

enno
Nick,
> If you find it easier to use a different method, then please feel free
> to do so.
Well, reason for mentioning it, other than the right number of the
branch, is that I hope that we can avoid future push problems by using
full paths in all the examples that we give on-line.

regards,