bulk editing of privacy in view

Eric Doutreleau
Hi

i m using gramps 4.2.3

i was wondering to do bulk setting of privacy in view.

for exemple i want to bulk editing privacy in the media view

i know how to bulk tag editing in the media view.

i can bulk set a tage private on the media view but i don't know how i
can use il to prevent

export of media that are tagged private.

then it would be nice to be able to do the same thing to set privacy.

thanks in advance for any help

Re: bulk editing of privacy in view

enno
Hello Eric,

> i m using gramps 4.2.3
>
> i was wondering to do bulk setting of privacy in view.
>
> for exemple i want to bulk editing privacy in the media view
>
> i know how to bulk tag editing in the media view.
>
> i can bulk set a tage private on the media view but i don't know how i
> can use il to prevent
>
> export of media that are tagged private.
>
> then it would be nice to be able to do the same thing to set privacy.
Can you make a feature request on the bug reporter?

https://gramps-project.org/bugs/my_view_page.php

I haven't tried what you describe above, but I understand the idea. You
may have lots of media or notes, with details about persons that don't
like to be published, and for instance for notes, it would be nice to
filter notes by having a person name in the text, or an email address,
and then select all such notes and set the privacy flag for those, in
the same way that you can already apply a tag to a list of objects, no
matter whether they are notes, or media, whatever.

One can then think of treating the 'private' tag in exactly the same way
as the private flag, meaning the well known lock symbol that you can
only reach through the editor.

regards,