color male female

denis
Hi, I am new in gramps 5 with W10. My question : In the views people,
relationship, families, is it possible to color the people with their
gender ie blue for male and pink for female.

Another one: I created a family. In the view people if i double clic the
husband i have the marriage with is date and location; if i double clic
the woman in the same view i don't have this information. Why?

   regards

Re: color male female

Ron Johnson
On 05/14/2018 10:25 AM, denis wrote:
> Hi, I am new in gramps 5 with W10. My question : In the views people,
> relationship, families, is it possible to color the people with their
> gender ie blue for male and pink for female.

Not now.  You'd have to modify the program.

> Another one: I created a family. In the view people if i double clic the
> husband i have the marriage with is date and location; if i double clic
> the woman in the same view i don't have this information. Why?

Did you add the marriage event to the family (where it should be), or to the
just the man?

Re: color male female

denis

Le 14/05/2018 à 18:09, Ron Johnson a écrit :
> On 05/14/2018 10:25 AM, denis wrote:
>> Hi, I am new in gramps 5 with W10. My question : In the views people,
>> relationship, families, is it possible to color the people with their
>> gender ie blue for male and pink for female.
>
> Not now.  You'd have to modify the program.
Ok

>> Another one: I created a family. In the view people if i double clic
>> the husband i have the marriage with is date and location; if i
>> double clic the woman in the same view i don't have this information.
>> Why?
>
> Did you add the marriage event to the family (where it should be), or
> to the just the man?

Exactly i don't remember. I try again from family and now it is ok
Thank-you

Re: color male female

John W. Kitz-3
Denis,

On 2018-05-14 17:25, denis wrote:
> Hi, I am new in gramps 5 with W10. My question : In the views people,
> relationship, families, is it possible to color the people with their
> gender ie blue for male and pink for female.

Using tags[1] it is possible to color code individuals in certain views
and depending on your preferences.

[1]
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_5.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Filters#Tagging

> Another one: I created a family. In the view people if i double clic
> the husband i have the marriage with is date and location; if i double
> clic the woman in the same view i don't have this information. Why?

I'm using a different version of software, so I can't rule out that you
stumbled onto a bug, yet if you were using an earlier release this is
probably the result of an error on your part.

>   regards

Regards, Jk.

Re: color male female

Peter Merchant
On 14/05/18 18:04, denis wrote:

> Le 14/05/2018 à 18:09, Ron Johnson a écrit :
>> On 05/14/2018 10:25 AM, denis wrote:
>>> Hi, I am new in gramps 5 with W10. My question : In the views
>>> people, relationship, families, is it possible to color the people
>>> with their gender ie blue for male and pink for female.
>>
>> Not now.  You'd have to modify the program.
> Ok
In the graph view the genders are coloured pink/blue.
Peter M.

Re: color male female

denis

Le 15/05/2018 à 09:50, John W. Kitz a écrit :

> Denis,
>
> On 2018-05-14 17:25, denis wrote:
>> Hi, I am new in gramps 5 with W10. My question : In the views people,
>> relationship, families, is it possible to color the people with their
>> gender ie blue for male and pink for female.
>
> Using tags[1] it is possible to color code individuals in certain
> views and depending on your preferences.
>
> [1]
> https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_5.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Filters#Tagging
ho yes,  good idea, not ideal but it works, thank you