comparing gramps databases

Doug-11
Recently I posted regarding a problem with custom event
types getting detached and listed as Unused Objects, but it
now seems I have a much more serious problem: a lot of
objects have got detached from their references; and worse
still, in some cases, re-attached in the wrong places.

I need to be able to compare my current database with some
earlier versions to see just what has got scrambled.

I think I remember compare and merge tools for gramps
databases being discussed some while ago on the mailing
lists. Can anyone tell me how far that got?

Any other suggestions for dealing with this really s....y
situation would be most welcome.

Doug

Re: comparing gramps databases

prculley
I think you want to look at the database differences report.

The Gramps 5.0.0 Import and Merge tool can be used to show differences as well, and can be used to update the primary tree with data from the second.

As with all such tools, backup first...

Paul C.