complete paternal family tree

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

complete paternal family tree

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Hi Apologies if this question has already been posted ; i searched user group and FAQ and couldnt see a post about this.

How do I  generate a report of both ancestors and descendants (together with all siblings) for one person


My aim is to get a chart of the complete paternal family tree and one for maternal.


I have found the following gives a report of ancestors and descendants for a couple:            
Reports ->Graphical Reports -> Family Tree... but doesn’t list siblings and doesn’t allow individual.


Thank you in advance


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complete paternal family tree

L.W.

Hi,

afaik it is not possible out of the box.

i added 4 filters,

a) first to select the person's anc. and desc.

b) all persons from a, children from a, siblings from a

c) all persons from b, desc. from b, siblings from b, children from b

d) all persons from c, spooses from c

with this, i got a tree with all anc./desc./children and spooses related to the person given in filter 1.

i hope this helps you.

regards


Am 29.10.2018 um 08:52 schrieb Elaine Pitt via Gramps-users:
Hi Apologies if this question has already been posted ; i searched user group and FAQ and couldnt see a post about this.

How do I  generate a report of both ancestors and descendants (together with all siblings) for one person


My aim is to get a chart of the complete paternal family tree and one for maternal.


I have found the following gives a report of ancestors and descendants for a couple:            
Reports ->Graphical Reports -> Family Tree... but doesn’t list siblings and doesn’t allow individual.


Thank you in advance


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complete paternal family tree

L.W.
goto persons list.

click on menu edit, than add persons filter - i have the german version.

then add a filter and choose add to add rules for that filter and select
as i wrote before.

important: at the bottom of the filter edit windows choose "one filter
must match"

a - d are single filters with it's own rules! do not add all rules to
one filter!!

regards


Am 29.10.2018 um 15:43 schrieb Elaine Pitt:

> Thank you LW for your reply, That is marvelous, well done- Good Job!
> This is exactly what i am seeking to do.  Can you please share
> detailed instructions how to add the 4 filters please?
> Many thanks
>
>
> On Monday, 29 October 2018, 11:33:18 GMT, L.W. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> Hi,
>
> afaik it is not possible out of the box.
>
> i added 4 filters,
>
> a) first to select the person's anc. and desc.
>
> b) all persons from a, children from a, siblings from a
>
> c) all persons from b, desc. from b, siblings from b, children from b
>
> d) all persons from c, spooses from c
>
> with this, i got a tree with all anc./desc./children and spooses
> related to the person given in filter 1.
>
> i hope this helps you.
>
> regards
>
>
> Am 29.10.2018 um 08:52 schrieb Elaine Pitt via Gramps-users:
> Hi Apologies if this question has already been posted ; i searched
> user group and FAQ and couldnt see a post about this.
>
> How do I  generate a report of both ancestors and descendants
> (together with all siblings) for one person
>
> *
> *
> *My aim is to get a chart of the complete paternal family tree and one
> for maternal.
> *
> *
> *
>
> I have found the following gives a report of ancestors and descendants
> for a couple:
> Reports ->Graphical Reports -> Family Tree... but doesn’t list
> siblings and doesn’t allow individual.
> *
> *
> *
> *
> *Thank you in advance
> *
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gramps-users mailing list
> [hidden email]  <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
> https://gramps-project.org
> _______________________________________________
> Gramps-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
> https://gramps-project.org


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complete paternal family tree

Doug-11
In reply to this post by GRAMPS - User mailing list
On 29/10/2018 08:52, Elaine Pitt via Gramps-users wrote:
Hi Apologies if this question has already been posted ; i searched user group and FAQ and couldnt see a post about this.

How do I  generate a report of both ancestors and descendants (together with all siblings) for one person


My aim is to get a chart of the complete paternal family tree and one for maternal.


I have found the following gives a report of ancestors and descendants for a couple:            
Reports ->Graphical Reports -> Family Tree... but doesn’t list siblings and doesn’t allow individual.


Elaine, can I suggest you look at the Gramps Wiki - Example filters

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Example_filters

in particular 2-stage filters:

4.7 Example 7. All people related to me but not my wife

to turn this into a paternal tree, change Filter A.

<Quote>

Filter A

   Ancestral filters=>
         Ancestors of <person> ID:= <here find YOUR ID>; Inclusive:=0  i.e.note: don't include yourself

All rules must apply

<endquote>

substitute <your father's ID> for your own

to turn it into a maternal tree, change Filter A

substitute <your mother's ID> for your own

You can then create your reports as you wish, using these filters.

HTH

Doug

P.S. Note that this doesn't give you a properly matrilneal tree for the mother, but I assume you didn't want that.




_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: complete paternal family tree

L.W.
In reply to this post by L.W.
oh i forgot.

after you added the filters go to reports -> graphs > relationship graph
and select as filter "filter 4".

second, "from a" - "from c" means: there is a filter-rule called
something like "all persons from <filter>", here you have to select the
previous one.


Am 29.10.2018 um 16:32 schrieb L.W.:

> goto persons list.
>
> click on menu edit, than add persons filter - i have the german version.
>
> then add a filter and choose add to add rules for that filter and
> select as i wrote before.
>
> important: at the bottom of the filter edit windows choose "one filter
> must match"
>
> a - d are single filters with it's own rules! do not add all rules to
> one filter!!
>
> regards
>
>
> Am 29.10.2018 um 15:43 schrieb Elaine Pitt:
>> Thank you LW for your reply, That is marvelous, well done- Good Job!
>> This is exactly what i am seeking to do.  Can you please share
>> detailed instructions how to add the 4 filters please?
>> Many thanks
>>
>>
>> On Monday, 29 October 2018, 11:33:18 GMT, L.W. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> afaik it is not possible out of the box.
>>
>> i added 4 filters,
>>
>> a) first to select the person's anc. and desc.
>>
>> b) all persons from a, children from a, siblings from a
>>
>> c) all persons from b, desc. from b, siblings from b, children from b
>>
>> d) all persons from c, spooses from c
>>
>> with this, i got a tree with all anc./desc./children and spooses
>> related to the person given in filter 1.
>>
>> i hope this helps you.
>>
>> regards
>>
>>
>> Am 29.10.2018 um 08:52 schrieb Elaine Pitt via Gramps-users:
>> Hi Apologies if this question has already been posted ; i searched
>> user group and FAQ and couldnt see a post about this.
>>
>> How do I  generate a report of both ancestors and descendants
>> (together with all siblings) for one person
>>
>> *
>> *
>> *My aim is to get a chart of the complete paternal family tree and
>> one for maternal.
>> *
>> *
>> *
>>
>> I have found the following gives a report of ancestors and
>> descendants for a couple:
>> Reports ->Graphical Reports -> Family Tree... but doesn’t list
>> siblings and doesn’t allow individual.
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *
>> *Thank you in advance
>> *
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Gramps-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
>> https://gramps-project.org
>> _______________________________________________
>> Gramps-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
>> https://gramps-project.org
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gramps-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
> https://gramps-project.org


_______________________________________________
Gramps-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-users
https://gramps-project.org