different version of number of ancestor reports

different version of number of ancestor reports

Eric Doutreleau
Hi to the list

I have rewritten from a different version of the number of ancestor report.
In the current version it only gives for the generation n the real
number of people Nobody is duplicate even if it appears several time in
the ascendancy.
I would like to have this number in order to be able to calculate the
pedigree collapse.
Unfortunately i m a poor python programmer. I would like to share the
code but i m a bit afraid to pollute the gramps-addon repository.
After some cleaning can i put the code in the gramps-addons repository?

Re : different version of number of ancestor reports

It seems that there is some feature requests close to yours.

* 3769: Ahnentafel List enhancements
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3769

* 5276: Pedigree Collapse in Detailed Ancestor Report
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5276

There is also a filter rule for matching pedigree collapse:
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=192

Jérôme

> I have rewritten from a different version of the number of
> ancestor report.
> In the current version it only gives for the generation n
> the real
> number of people Nobody is duplicate even if it appears
> several time in
> the ascendancy.
> I would like to have this number in order to be able to
> calculate the
> pedigree collapse.
> Unfortunately i m a poor python programmer. I would like to
> share the
> code but i m a bit afraid to pollute the gramps-addon
> repository.
> After some cleaning can i put the code in the gramps-addons
> repository?

Re: Re : different version of number of ancestor reports

Eric Doutreleau
Hi

These requests are all related on reports about ascendant.
my problem is that that kind of report are extremely slow when one have
a lot of generation.
my report is focused on performance for large trees with a lot of
generations.
fot my database with 40000 people and 120 generation it took 15 seconds
to compute how
"filled" is my ancestry tree and the pedigree collapse for all generation.

On 15/03/2013 11:52, jerome wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems that there is some feature requests close to yours.
>
> * 3769: Ahnentafel List enhancements
> http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3769
>
> * 5276: Pedigree Collapse in Detailed Ancestor Report
> http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5276
>
> There is also a filter rule for matching pedigree collapse:
> http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=192
>

> Jérôme

jerome
Ok, I see it now:

http://gramps-addons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gramps-addons/branches/gramps34/contrib/AncestorFill/AncestorFill.py

If I understand right, it is rather something close to Pedigree gramplet[1]?

Note, for using Translator class/function, translation strings should
use  'self._' instead of '_'. Also, you are calling gramps translation
domain into your addon but unfortunately these strings do not exist into
Gramps program! So, it will be difficult to test them. If this could
help, I tested this feature (libtranslate) on addon environment into
'RepositoriesReportAlt':
http://gramps-addons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gramps-addons/branches/gramps34/contrib/RepositoriesReport/RepositoriesReportAlt.py

[1]
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Gramplets#Pedigree_Gramplet

PS: 'self.trouve' might sound strange for people not reading french! ;)

On 16/03/2013 10:47, Jérôme wrote:
> Ok, I see it now:
>
> http://gramps-addons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gramps-addons/branches/gramps34/contrib/AncestorFill/AncestorFill.py
>

> If I understand right, it is rather something close to Pedigree
> gramplet[1]?
kind of
but it doesn't give the name of ancestor but only the number.
but it s far more faster than this gramplet. I made the mistake to
activate this gramplet on my database and after 2 hours i have to kill
gramps.
I construct an ancestry list and use it to make computation. I guess it
could be a nice thing to compute fastly relationship links or consanguinity.

> Note, for using Translator class/function, translation strings should
> use  'self._' instead of '_'. Also, you are calling gramps translation
> domain into your addon but unfortunately these strings do not exist
> into Gramps program! So, it will be difficult to test them. If this
> could help, I tested this feature (libtranslate) on addon environment
> into 'RepositoriesReportAlt':
> http://gramps-addons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gramps-addons/branches/gramps34/contrib/RepositoriesReport/RepositoriesReportAlt.py

Thanks for the hint. Indeed it works well
I have updated the subersion depot with the modification.