duplicates

Alan Jones-10
I have a problem that I can't quite figure out. Somehow I have a couple
with a son, the only one I know of. But he is duplicated and shows as
two sons and both have the same id number, same spouse, and the same
son. Everything is duplicated. In people view, he is only listed once so
I didn't want to use the 'remove' option. I tried using the repair
database routine and some of the others, but no success with them. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Re: duplicates

Tony Gordon
On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 16:54 -0500, alan jones wrote:
I have a problem that I can't quite figure out. Somehow I have a couple
with a son, the only one I know of. But he is duplicated and shows as
two sons and both have the same id number, same spouse, and the same
son. Everything is duplicated. In people view, he is only listed once so
I didn't want to use the 'remove' option. I tried using the repair
database routine and some of the others, but no success with them. Any
suggestions?

Thanks

Sounds like you might have a duplicate family. Check to see if there are two families in the family view and if so delete one of them.

Tony

Re: duplicates

Doug-11
alan jones wrote:

> I have a problem that I can't quite figure out. Somehow I have a couple
> with a son, the only one I know of. But he is duplicated and shows as
> two sons and both have the same id number, same spouse, and the same
> son. Everything is duplicated. In people view, he is only listed once so
> I didn't want to use the 'remove' option. I tried using the repair
> database routine and some of the others, but no success with them. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks

Where does this son appear duplicated?
If it's in Relationships view of one of the parents and he's shown with
a wife and child twice over, his duplicate families should have
different ID numbers. Check. You ought to be able to remove one of
these, leaving the other intact.

In any case, if removing one of the families causes him to disappear,
Edit=>Undo should bring you back to square one.

(If he were duplicated in People view, you could try Merge persons -
there again, if it turned out to be wrong, Edit=>Undo would unmerge the
persons).

Let us know how you get on.

Doug

Re: duplicates

Alan Jones-10
On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 19:53 +1300, Tony Gordon wrote:

> Sounds like you might have a duplicate family. Check to see if there
> are two families in the family view and if so delete one of them.
>
> Tony

That fixes it, thanks. I was looking in the wrong places.

Alan