Quantcast

editing in editor tabs

Benny Malengier
All,

In trunk there is now one example of editing values in the displaystabs: you can edit the value of attribute of source and citation (so SrcAttribute displaytab).

Code do change a textfield in a tab to allow this is simple, see changes done in
http://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/code/22437

So, what other fields to enable like this? Post on http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=6780 what you would like to see editable in the tabs.

Some remarks:
1/ I don't made the srcattribute type itself editable in the displaytab. I think this is not something that normally will change after first creation. If people have good reasoning to allow other types on other displaytabs, I can add a generic mechanism to allow editable comboxes in displaytabs

2/ I added private column to displaytab (http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=6780), but this is not editable. As privacy is an important thing we don't want people changing by accidently clicking somewhere, I did not do this.

3/Don't suggest to make complicated fields editable in displaytabs. So not eg Name of a person, as that is a compound field.

Re: editing in editor tabs

Nick Hall-6
Benny,

When I was trying this out I noticed that there is a problem with the combo in the SrcAttribute editor.

Clicking the drop-down arrow once, does nothing except draw two vertical lines where the list should appear.  Clicking a second time does produce a list after a short delay.

Scrolling down to the bottom of the list is slow.

I expect this is due to the large number of entries in the list.

Nick.

2013/5/27 Nick Hall <[hidden email]>
Benny,

When I was trying this out I noticed that there is a problem with the combo in the SrcAttribute editor.

Clicking the drop-down arrow once, does nothing except draw two vertical lines where the list should appear.  Clicking a second time does produce a list after a short delay.

After the first click, you need to wait a long time, but then it works for me. So an effect an GTK.
This is not final. If we use evidence style it will be improved, if we don't, all those extra types will be removed again.

Benny

[...]

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Benny Malengier wrote
So, what other fields to enable like this? Post on
http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=6780 what you would like to
see editable in the tabs.
It would be enormously helpful if the various location fields (Street, Locality, City, County, State, Country etc.) could be editable in the Place View. The place completion grampslet doesn't help me much for the kind of data I have got in my tree.

Is that the sort of thing you are thinking of?

Regards,
Tim.

Re: editing in editor tabs

Benny Malengier

2013/5/29 Tim Lyons <[hidden email]>
Benny Malengier wrote
> So, what other fields to enable like this? Post on
> http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=6780 what you would like to
> see editable in the tabs.

It would be enormously helpful if the various location fields (Street,
Locality, City, County, State, Country etc.) could be editable in the Place
View. The place completion grampslet doesn't help me much for the kind of
data I have got in my tree.

Is that the sort of thing you are thinking of?

I'm talking about the displaytabs, not the listviews. So this would be possible for addresses tab in person.

One could make the listview editable, but that would be different code than the one I wrote now.

Tim.