enhancement to remember size of screen ?

enhancement to remember size of screen ?

Rich Lakey
I will submit a request if this feature would be helpful to others and is possible. I would like Gramps to remember the size a screen is changed to.

Many screens are to small to be helpful and require dragging the screen larger. Yet next time screen is used the same operation needs to be done again.
I have taken to changing these screens defaults to be more useful to me. I use these examples a lot. I hate making these mods as always a risk of error. But it speeds up my works to use them. And then I have to make sure they still fit for the next release of Gramps. I know I have seen this feature on other applications.

mergeperson.glade
Changed height from 400 to 800

eventembedlist.py
change field widths so I can see fields important to me.
Place 240 to 420
Role 80 to 5
main participants 240 to 5
ID 60 to 100

relcalc.glade
<property name="default_width">600</property>
    <property name="default_height">800</property>
 <property name="default_width">800</property>
    <property name="default_height">1200</property>
under  <object class="GtkTextView" id="text1">
      <property name="expand">false</property>
      <property name="expand">True</property>

Addmedia.glade
from <property name="default_width">650</property>
to   <property name="default_width">1250</property>
from <property name="default_height">450</property>
to   <property name="default_height">650</property>

Would this be a reasonable request to implement and useful to all?
Rich

Re: enhancement to remember size of screen ?

Paul Franklin-5
On 10/30/16, Rich <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I will submit a request if this feature would be helpful to others and is
> possible. I would like Gramps to remember the size a screen is changed to.

> mergeperson.glade
> Changed height from 400 to 800

Prompted by your suggestion, the merge dialogs (including
mergeperson) will now remember whatever size you set them
to, height and width.

This feature will be available in gramps 5.0.0 (and in the alpha
release 5.0.0-alpha2, when it is released).

Re: enhancement to remember size of screen ?

Paul Franklin-5
On 10/30/16, Rich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> relcalc.glade
> <property name="default_width">600</property>
>     <property name="default_height">800</property>
>  <property name="default_width">800</property>
>     <property name="default_height">1200</property>

> Addmedia.glade
> from <property name="default_width">650</property>
> to   <property name="default_width">1250</property>
> from <property name="default_height">450</property>
> to   <property name="default_height">650</property>

Also, I have enabled the relationship calculator tool to
remember its window size, as well as the addmedia
dialog.

These features will be available in gramps 5.0.0 (and in
the alpha release 5.0.0-alpha2, when it is released).