export part of the family tree

KPBecker
Dear gramps users,

I want to export only a part of my family tree and not the whole sqlite.db in order to send it to a relative.
Is this possible and how to mark the persons?

Thanks
Klaus-Peter

Re: export part of the family tree

To export a portion of a database you will create a Export. The export can be created using a Filter.

Filter 1 can be the Ancestors of <person>  where you select your relative.

Filter 2 can be Descendant Family members of <filter> match where you select as the filter your Filter 1.

Of course, these are example filters (I use frequently) but the idea is to create a filter that selects what you want.

Then when you create your Export, you would  select the filter in the Export Options >> Person Filter.

You should also set the Reference Filter to "Do not include records not linked to a selected person." If you were to leave the option as "Include all.." every note, media, place  citation, etc would be included. The option I recommend will include only items used by the people in the filter.

HTH, Dave