filter sources on pathname

Deborah Bennett
A few years ago, I moved my entire Gramps workspace, including the gallery, down three levels in my file hierarchy. I have a number of sources with the old pathnames. I can fix each one by editing it and adding the new components of the pathname.

Example:
old pathname:
 ancestors/gallery/adams.brenda.lee.birth-info.pdf

needs to be new pathname:
 genealogy/gramps/gramps-media/ancestors/gallery/adams.brenda.lee.birth-info.pdf

I would like to find all the sources whose pathname starts with "ancestors" so I can fix them all. Is there a way to filter on this?

Thanks,
-deborah

Re: filter sources on pathname

Ron Johnson
On 06/25/2018 08:11 PM, Deborah Bennett wrote:
> A few years ago, I moved my entire Gramps workspace, including the
> gallery, down three levels in my file hierarchy. I have a number of
> sources with the old pathnames. I can fix each one by editing it and
> adding the new components of the pathname.]

Do you use absolute or relative path names?  If relative naming, then all
you have to do is change the base path.

> Example:
> old pathname:
>  ancestors/gallery/adams.brenda.lee.birth-info.pdf
>
> needs to be new pathname:
>  genealogy/gramps/gramps-media/ancestors/gallery/adams.brenda.lee.birth-info.pdf
>
> I would like to find all the sources whose pathname starts with
> "ancestors" so I can fix them all. Is there a way to filter on this?

If that doesn't work, go to Tools->Utilities->Media Manager and choose
"Replace substrings in the path".