filter to find related partners/spouses?

filter to find related partners/spouses?

TJMcK
It's pretty easy to "manually" find marriages between first cousins... but it is much more difficult to find marriages between second and third cousins.  Even more complex, a case which I accidentally found: a person in my dbase who married his half-uncle's daughter (married couple had different grandmothers, but same grandfather).

Is there a way to get Gramps to find/filter related marriages such as this?

  - Tim K.

Re: filter to find related partners/spouses?

enno
Tim,
> It's pretty easy to "manually" find marriages between first cousins... but it
> is much more difficult to find marriages between second and third cousins.
> Even more complex, a case which I accidentally found: a person in my dbase
> who married his half-uncle's daughter (married couple had different
> grandmothers, but same grandfather).
>
> Is there a way to get Gramps to find/filter related marriages such as this?
Yes. There's a Gramplet that scans your whole database for such marriages:

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=RelatedRelativesGramplet

It can be quite slow if you have a large database, so I suggest to hide
it until you really need it.

regards,