filtering for reference settings>roles

TJMcK
I can't find an option to filter events that contain a reference to a specific "role" (found in the "Event Reference Editor" window).  The closest to this, that I found, was an option in the "event filter editor", to find "Events with at least one direct source with the confidence level ?" -- but this does not have the detailed roles that are found in the "event reference editor" window, which are:  Aide, Bride, Celebrant, Clergy, Family, Groom, and so on...  Maybe I don't understand how "roles" are linked, because I thought that they would be part of an event.  For instance, it would be nice to see the roles of each event found in the Event Category View, and even if I open the event editor in the ECV there is no "reference information" as I expect to see. Please clarify this for me.
  - Tim K

Re: filtering for reference settings>roles

paul womack
TJMcK wrote:

> I can't find an option to filter events that contain a reference to a
> specific "role" (found in the "Event Reference Editor" window).  The closest
> to this, that I found, was an option in the "event filter editor", to find
> "Events with at least one direct source with the confidence level ?" -- but
> this does not have the detailed roles that are found in the "event reference
> editor" window, which are:  Aide, Bride, Celebrant, Clergy, Family, Groom,
> and so on...  Maybe I don't understand how "roles" are linked, because I
> thought that they would be part of an event.  For instance, it would be nice
> to see the roles of each event found in the Event Category View, and even if
> I open the event editor in the ECV there is no "reference information" as I
> expect to see. Please clarify this for me.

Events don't have Roles - Event *references* do; this is (fairly)
clear when you consider that more than multiple Persons can share
an Event, all with potentially differing Roles.

There is no filtering or category/view for references; if there were
it would *have* to be on the Person view.

  BugBear