filtering on Event Description

Doug-11
Quite a number of my Events have Descriptions like "Marriage of
unknown......", "Baptism of unknown", where I've now identified the
"unknown" .

I'd like to filter all these Events with "unknown" in the Description;
clear them; and then run 'Extract Event Description from Event Data'.

But among the Rules for the Event Filter Editor, though there's a filter
for "Events having notes containing 'substring'"
I don't see one for "Events having descriptions containing 'substring'".

Am I missing something? Or if not, could a description filter be added?

Doug

Re: filtering on Event Description

jerome
Doug,

> I'd like to filter all these Events with "unknown" in the Description; clear them; and then run 'Extract Event Description from Event Data'.

Maybe :

1. Go to the Event View
2. Set "unknown" on filter "Description contains" (see header, between
toolbar and event list)
http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Events.png
3. clic on [Find] button

Doug a écrit :

> Quite a number of my Events have Descriptions like "Marriage of
> unknown......", "Baptism of unknown", where I've now identified the
> "unknown" .
>
> I'd like to filter all these Events with "unknown" in the Description;
> clear them; and then run 'Extract Event Description from Event Data'.
>
> But among the Rules for the Event Filter Editor, though there's a filter
> for "Events having notes containing 'substring'"
> I don't see one for "Events having descriptions containing 'substring'".
>
> Am I missing something? Or if not, could a description filter be added?
>
> Doug

Re: filtering on Event Description

Doug-11
Sorry I forgot to Reply All so this didn't make it to the user list

Doug