future gramps-windows mailing list

Benny Malengier
Resending as windows subscription was not finalized.

Hi,

You might remember gramps-windows was started partly because the original developers did not want to be bothered with windows issues.
I'd now like to do one of two things:

1/delete gramps-windows. The normal mailing lists should be used.
2/rename gramps-windows into gramps-devel-windows. Probably that means delete and recreate.

Let me know what you prefer.
I don't think windows needs it's own mailing list still, and if it does, users should clearly understand they are supposed to use gramps-users, and the windows mailing list is for development/installer on windows, hence a rename is in order.

Re: future gramps-windows mailing list

Josip
On 12.01.2011 11:18, Benny Malengier wrote:

> I'd now like to do one of two things:
>
> 1/delete gramps-windows. The normal mailing lists should be used.
> 2/rename gramps-windows into gramps-devel-windows. Probably that means
> delete and recreate.
>
> Let me know what you prefer.

My vote goes to 1!
Not all users issues are os specific.
I understand that some devs didn't like to be bothered with windows
problem but this problems is also often related to general programing
knowledge and win devs can only profit by joining force with linux one.
In which ghetto bsd and mac peoples belong? :-)

--
Josip

Re: future gramps-windows mailing list

Peter Landgren
Den Wednesday 12 January 2011 11.18.14 skrev Benny Malengier:
> Resending as windows subscription was not finalized.
>
> Hi,
>
> You might remember gramps-windows was started partly because the original
> developers did not want to be bothered with windows issues.
> I'd now like to do one of two things:
>
> 1/delete gramps-windows. The normal mailing lists should be used.
Yes. I don't think that there are so many specific windows issues left now, when we have fixed all
problems with non latin directory-, flil- and usernames.

> 2/rename gramps-windows into gramps-devel-windows. Probably that means
> delete and recreate.
No, better to have all devs on the same list.

/Peter