gramps-help_2.2.7-1ubuntu1_all.deb install strangeness

gramps-help_2.2.7-1ubuntu1_all.deb install strangeness

Duncan Lithgow-2
The gramps package installed fine but I got this odd message from the
gramps-help package:

dpkg: error
processing /home/duncan/Desktop/gramps-help_2.2.7-1ubuntu1_all.deb
(--install)
 trying to overwrite '/usr/share/gnome/help/gramps/nl/gramps.xml', which
is also in package gramps
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)

It installed fine when I tried again after installing gramps 2.2.7. So maybe that's expected behaviour?

After the failed install 'Help > User Manual' tries to open it on the web
(http://www.gramps-project.org/gramps-manual/2.2/en/). But that also works fine after the successful install. Shouldn't gramps be able to deal with that and open the older manual in Yelp?
Duncan

Re: gramps-help_2.2.7-1ubuntu1_all.deb install strangeness

bm-5
I think I have seen this issue before, perhaps on the bug tracker.
I think gramps-help should depend on gramps, but as this is outside of the
package manager, dependencies cannot be satisfied (i.e. the gramps package
cannot be installed first).

Anyway, gramps should be installed before gramps-help.

Don had the idea of splitting help/languages of in a separate package,
like the
openoffice/gnome way: gramps-i18n-nl, ... That would be interesting for
2.3, as
all these packages start to be very big.

Benny

Quoting Duncan Lithgow <[hidden email]>:

> The gramps package installed fine but I got this odd message from the
> gramps-help package:
>
> dpkg: error
> processing /home/duncan/Desktop/gramps-help_2.2.7-1ubuntu1_all.deb
> (--install)
> trying to overwrite '/usr/share/gnome/help/gramps/nl/gramps.xml', which
> is also in package gramps
> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
>
> It installed fine when I tried again after installing gramps 2.2.7.
> So maybe that's expected behaviour?
>
> After the failed install 'Help > User Manual' tries to open it on the web
> (http://www.gramps-project.org/gramps-manual/2.2/en/). But that also
> works fine after the successful install. Shouldn't gramps be able to
> deal with that and open the older manual in Yelp?
> Duncan

Re: gramps-help_2.2.7-1ubuntu1_all.deb install strangeness

Richard Bos-5
Op Wednesday 25 April 2007 19:53:14 schreef [hidden email]:

> I think I have seen this issue before, perhaps on the bug tracker.
> I think gramps-help should depend on gramps, but as this is outside of the
> package manager, dependencies cannot be satisfied (i.e. the gramps package
> cannot be installed first).
>
> Anyway, gramps should be installed before gramps-help.
>
> Don had the idea of splitting help/languages of in a separate package,
> like the
> openoffice/gnome way: gramps-i18n-nl, ... That would be interesting for
> 2.3, as
> all these packages start to be very big.

Something like this:
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/rbos/openSUSE_10.2/repodata/repoview/G.group.html

:)

--