grdb upgrade in 2.3

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

grdb upgrade in 2.3

Alex Roitman
Hi all,

The grdb upgrade from 2.2.x data has just been checked into
the gramps23 branch (SVN revision 8209). After the data is
upgraded to the new format, you won't be able to use it in
gramps 2.2.x (notes and repositories won't work). So please
don't try the upgrade on your real data unless it's a copy
that you are willing to waste.

That said, I would greatly appreciate testing of the upgrade.
The useful testing would proceed like this:
1. Copy your data to XML in 2.2
2. Open the grdb file with 2.3 code: it should attempt the upgrade
3. If upgrade does not finish, submit the bug report
   with the error details and the copy of *XML* file.

At the moment the upgrade is expected to be unstable,
so don't get upset if it misbehaves, just let me know
where and how.

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alexander Roitman   http://www.gramps-project.org


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grdb upgrade in 2.3

Martin Hawlisch
Hi Alex,

I generated a random database in 2.2, upgrade in 2.3 works fine.
But following that I got some craches.
For better reproduction I started updating the TestcaseGenerator to generate the new Notes, which I think works fine from the Notes-API's point of view: I see the new NotesView filled.

Problems:

1) Export to GrampsXML gives:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/Exporter.py", line 127, in on_before_page_next
    success = self.save()
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/Exporter.py", line 190, in save
    self.callback)
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDbUtils/_WriteXML.py", line 61, in exportData
    return _exportData(database, filename, person, version)
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsDbWriteXML.py", line 101, in exportData
    ret = g.write(filename)
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsDbWriteXML.py", line 181, in write
    self.write_xml_data()
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsDbWriteXML.py", line 261, in write_xml_data
    self.write_event(event,2)
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsDbWriteXML.py", line 636, in write_event
    self.write_media_list(event.get_media_list(),index+1)
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsDbWriteXML.py", line 938, in write_media_list
    self.write_note_list(nreflist,index+1)
NameError: global name 'index' is not defined


2) Running the Update reference maps Plugin gives:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/PluginUtils/_Tool.py", line 267, in gui_tool
    tool_class(dbstate, uistate, options_class, name, callback)
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/plugins/RebuildRefMap.py", line 89, in __init__
    self.db.reindex_reference_map(self.update)
  File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsBSDDB.py", line 1004, in reindex_reference_map
    data_map.sync()
NameError: global name 'data_map' is not defined


Cheers, Martin.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:59:25 -0800
Von: Alex Roitman <[hidden email]>
An: GRAMPS developers <[hidden email]>
CC:
Betreff: [Gramps-devel] grdb upgrade in 2.3

> Hi all,
>
> The grdb upgrade from 2.2.x data has just been checked into
> the gramps23 branch (SVN revision 8209). After the data is
> upgraded to the new format, you won't be able to use it in
> gramps 2.2.x (notes and repositories won't work). So please
> don't try the upgrade on your real data unless it's a copy
> that you are willing to waste.
>
> That said, I would greatly appreciate testing of the upgrade.
> The useful testing would proceed like this:
> 1. Copy your data to XML in 2.2
> 2. Open the grdb file with 2.3 code: it should attempt the upgrade
> 3. If upgrade does not finish, submit the bug report
>    with the error details and the copy of *XML* file.
>
> At the moment the upgrade is expected to be unstable,
> so don't get upset if it misbehaves, just let me know
> where and how.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> --
> Alexander Roitman   http://www.gramps-project.org
>

--
Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: grdb upgrade in 2.3

Alex Roitman
Martin,

Both issues should be fixed in SVN now:

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 20:58 +0100, Martin Hawlisch wrote:
>   File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsDbWriteXML.py", line 938, in write_media_list
>     self.write_note_list(nreflist,index+1)
> NameError: global name 'index' is not defined

A silly typo, "index" should be "indent".

> 2) Running the Update reference maps Plugin gives:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/PluginUtils/_Tool.py", line 267, in gui_tool
>     tool_class(dbstate, uistate, options_class, name, callback)
>   File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/plugins/RebuildRefMap.py", line 89, in __init__
>     self.db.reindex_reference_map(self.update)
>   File "/home/martin/devel/gramps2_23/src/GrampsDb/_GrampsBSDDB.py", line 1004, in reindex_reference_map
>     data_map.sync()
> NameError: global name 'data_map' is not defined
Corrected as well. It only triggered when TXN are disabled.
I was checking it last night with TXN and it worked fine, and apparently
it was there for a long time. Unrelated to note or db upgrade :-)

Alex

P.S. The XML that 2.3 produces should validate, both wrt dtd and
the rng schema. So if you catch something that does not validate,
also let me know.

--
Alexander Roitman   http://www.gramps-project.org


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment