Quantcast

greek language?

Dionysis Boukouvalas

I cannot find the right format/code to achieve the greek language via the shortcut method.

For example, this one

%comspec% /c set LANG=da_DK.UTF-8 && start grampsw.exe"

is for Danish, i.e. the "da_DK" part of it. What should I replace for greek?

I cannot seem to find it online.

Thank you,

Dionysis Boukouvalas.

Re: greek language?

John W. Kitz-3
Dionysis,

On 2017-03-16 11:35, Dionysis Boukouvalas wrote:

> I cannot find the right format/code to achieve the greek language via
> the shortcut method.
>
> For example, this one
>
> %comspec% /c set LANG=da_DK.UTF-8 && start grampsw.exe"
>
> is for Danish, i.e. the "da_DK" part of it. What should I replace for
> greek?
>
> I cannot seem to find it online.

I'd say it ought to be el_GR[1].

[1] http://www.localeplanet.com/java/el-GR/

> Thank you,
>
> Dionysis Boukouvalas.

Enjoy your day, Jk.

Re: greek language?

Paul Franklin-5
Hi Dionysis,

On 3/16/17, Dionysis Boukouvalas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I cannot find the right format/code to achieve the greek language via the
> shortcut method.
>
> For example, this one
>
> %comspec% /c set LANG=da_DK.UTF-8 && start grampsw.exe"
>

> is for Danish, i.e. the "da_DK" part of it. What should I replace for
> greek?
>
> I cannot seem to find it online.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dionysis Boukouvalas.

Yes, el_GR is what you want.

If you have trouble getting the shortcut to work, you
can always make a batch script file to start gamps
in Greek (start-gramps.bat or whatever).  I do that
when I want to run gramps in different languages
on Windows.

Speaking of Greek, our Greek translator is unfortunately
very busy these days (and is still running 3.4.9 gramps
for instance), so you may notice some English words
when you run gramps in Greek, for newer strings added
to gramps since the translation file was last updated.

So if you know of anybody who might have some time
to translate some of those currently-untranslated strings,
gramps is always happy to have new volunteers.

Re: Greek Language?

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 09:48:12 +0000
Dionysis Boukouvalas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Dionysis,

>I cannot find the right format/code t

You asked exactly the same question on the 16th;  Paul Franklin gave
you the answer.

Check the list archives if you don't have a copy locally.

--
 Regards  _
No rotten apple's gonna spoil my fun

Re: Greek Language?

On 03/22/2017 04:48 AM, Dionysis Boukouvalas wrote:

I cannot find the right format/code to achieve the greek language via the shortcut method.
For example, this one
%comspec% /c set LANG=da_DK.UTF-8 && start grampsw.exe"

is for Danish, i.e. the "da_DK" part of it. What should I replace for greek?
I cannot seem to find it online.
Thank you,
Dionysis Boukouvalas.

Your question was answered 6 days ago.

http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/greek-language-td4679382.html

Re: Greek Language?

Paul Franklin-5
All right, if you can't make a shortcut which works,
I'll tell you how to do it another way.

Copy the lines at the end of this message into a
new "text document" file, and when you have "saved"
them and closed the ".txt" file, then rename it to
"gramps-Greek.bat" or something similar.

But it must end in ".bat"!

Then double-click on that icon when you want to start
gramps in Greek.  (The following lines worked for
me: a gramps was started in Greek.)

@echo off
set LANG=el_GR
pushd "C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.4\bin"
gramps %*
popd
echo ... if there are no errors above here, type anything and this
window will close
pause > nul
exit /b

Re: Greek Language?

Paul Franklin-5
The line which starts "echo" and ends with "close" must
be on ONE single line, if some mail program split it in two.

Re: Greek Language?

manzi.sam
As you don't mention which version of Gramps you have installed, it should be noted that with the release of Gramps 4.2.5 [1] only English is installed by default which means that after download: double-click to install Gramps. ...please ensure that you select extra dictionary and language files when asked during the installation process.

Then attempt the creation of your Shortcut for Greek.

Please note that before you do this you should make Gramps XML backups of all your family trees and then uninstall the Gramps before reinstalling with the GReek language pack installed.