hesitant attempt for wishlist

Beyer, Frank
Hi,
first of all it is a great piece of software!

I still have two wishes for the next gramps version:

1. Scrollbars in windows to display all buttons on 800x600 Screens.

2. Graphical output of the complete database. It should look like the program Stammbaumdrucker http://www.stammbaumdrucker.de/
If somebody can tell me how to read gedcom files, I would try to setup a PHP solution.

Best Regards
Frank Beyer

Re: hesitant attempt for wishlist

Don Allingham
Beyer, Frank wrote:
> Hi,
> first of all it is a great piece of software!
>
> I still have two wishes for the next gramps version:
>
> 1. Scrollbars in windows to display all buttons on 800x600 Screens.

The main screen can be improved for smaller screens by changing some of
the preferences.

Go to "Edit -> Prefererences" from the toolbar.

Select "Display -> Toolbar and Statusbar", and change the tool bar
settings to "Text Only"

 From the main tool bar, select "View", and unselect "Sidebar"

> 2. Graphical output of the complete database. It should look like the
> program Stammbaumdrucker http://www.stammbaumdrucker.de/
> If somebody can tell me how to read gedcom files, I would try to setup a
> PHP solution.

This is purely a manpower issue. We have less than a handful of
developers supporting thousands of users. We would like to be able to do
things like this, but we just don't have the developers to do something
like this at this time.

Don