home button doesn't work

Alan Jones-10
I'm using Gramps 3.0.4-1 and the home button doesn't work. I tried
setting myself as the home person by clicking on my entry in the tree or
'Pedigree' view, but the 'Home' selection in the drop-down menu is
grayed out so I can't choose it. I've also tried in 'People' view but no
luck. 'People' view does have the home person on the drop-down menu but
it isn't setting it when I choose it.

Al

Re: home button doesn't work

DS Blank
On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM, alan jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm using Gramps 3.0.4-1 and the home button doesn't work. I tried
setting myself as the home person by clicking on my entry in the tree or
'Pedigree' view, but the 'Home' selection in the drop-down menu is
grayed out so I can't choose it. I've also tried in 'People' view but no
luck. 'People' view does have the home person on the drop-down menu but
it isn't setting it when I choose it.

You need to select the "Set Home Person" from the Edit menu on the People View. There are some places that *take* you to the Home Person... perhaps you are trying to select one of those rather than *setting* the Home Person?

-Doug

Al

Re: home button doesn't work

Alan Jones-10
On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 09:37 -0500, Doug Blank wrote:

> You need to select the "Set Home Person" from the Edit menu on the
> People View. There are some places that *take* you to the Home
> Person... perhaps you are trying to select one of those rather than
> *setting* the Home Person?
>
> -Doug

It's amazing how well things work correctly when done right! I was
trying to set the home person and couldn't figure it out. Thanks.

Alan