hotkey for views

Benny Malengier
Nick,
I don't find in the code how ctrl+1/2/.. is for fast movement to a view in a category.
Can you point me where this is hooked up?

I'd like to add ctrl+alt+1/2/... for movement to the first 9 categories.

Re: hotkey for views

Nick Hall-6
Benny,

They are set up in the __init__ of the CategorySidebar plugin in
src/plugins/sidebar/categorysidebar.py

Your changes 5002-4 are a good idea.

In your last commit you changed the shortcut for Organize Bookmarks from
Add Bookmarks, but why D?

Nick.

On 14/06/11 22:31, Benny Malengier wrote:
> Nick,
> I don't find in the code how ctrl+1/2/.. is for fast movement to a
> view in a category.
> Can you point me where this is hooked up?
>
> I'd like to add ctrl+alt+1/2/... for movement to the first 9 categories.
>
> Benny

Re: hotkey for views

Benny Malengier

2011/6/15 Nick Hall <[hidden email]>
Benny,

They are set up in the __init__ of the CategorySidebar plugin in src/plugins/sidebar/categorysidebar.py

Your changes 5002-4 are a good idea.

No idea, I took D because Add bookmarks is D because clipboard is b because c is copy.
You know, in my language it makes no sense, so why should it for English :-D

Feel free to improve the letters if you can come up with a better one. Perhaps bookmarks CTRL+M and CTRL+SHIFT+M, and then the navigator not CTRL+M but instead CTRL+G ??

About this code, how about shifting in views CTRL+ALT+number, you will need that less than going somewhere in the categories.

2011/6/15 Benny Malengier <[hidden email]>

About this code, how about shifting in views CTRL+ALT+number, you will need that less than going somewhere in the categories.

I did this now in rev 17790, CTRL+number gives access to first 10 categories.

Re: hotkey for views

Nick Hall-6
Benny,

I have just had a look at the keybindings:

http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_3.3_Wiki_Manual_-_Keybindings

They look sensible.

Ctrl-J should now work on all list views.  However, I just noticed that it is enabled for other navigation views but doesn't work.  We should either fix it or disable the functionality.  I'll look into it.

Nick.