how do I make tag primary

TJMcK
I use a lot of tags.  I may have up to 5 tags for an individual.  I find that part of the tags usefulness is, using the colors in the person view.  I am hoping that one day Gramps will have the ability to show more then one color per person, but right now I mostly would like the ability to easily make a color/tag primary.

So, for example, I might have a person with the tag A,B,C,D, and E. (In this instance A would be the primary tag/color)  How do I make E the primary tag/color? (A while ago I made a feature to do a "retag/reapply the same tag", and then Gramps would present a dialog box asking me whether to remove or make primary (or cancel) -- but received no response to this request) So I'm hoping that maybe there is some way to do this already, that I have overlooked. (other then deleting all tags and the applying them all again with E as the first tag.) It wouldn't be the first time that I've discovered a new feature, that I didn't know existed in Gramps.

Re: how do I make tag primary

Harvey Nimmo
On Mon, 2016-02-22 at 21:15 -0800, TJMcK wrote:

> I use a lot of tags.  I may have up to 5 tags for an individual.  I
> find that
> part of the tags usefulness is, using the colors in the person view.
>  I am
> hoping that one day Gramps will have the ability to show more then
> one color
> per person, but right now I mostly would like the ability to easily
> make a
> color/tag primary.
>
> So, for example, I might have a person with the tag A,B,C,D, and E.
> (In this
> instance A would be the primary tag/color)  How do I make E the
> primary
> tag/color? (A while ago I made a feature to do a "retag/reapply the
> same
> tag", and then Gramps would present a dialog box asking me whether to
> remove
> or make primary (or cancel) -- but received no response to this
> request) So
> I'm hoping that maybe there is some way to do this already, that I
> have
> overlooked. (other then deleting all tags and the applying them all
> again
> with E as the first tag.) It wouldn't be the first time that I've
> discovered
> a new feature, that I didn't know existed in Gramps.

I must confess, I have never understood the point of the colours on the
tags. I also have tags to which I have allocated colours, but where are
they used?

Harvey

Re: how do I make tag primary

On 23/02/16 05:15, TJMcK wrote:

> I use a lot of tags.  I may have up to 5 tags for an individual.  I find that
> part of the tags usefulness is, using the colors in the person view.  I am
> hoping that one day Gramps will have the ability to show more then one color
> per person, but right now I mostly would like the ability to easily make a
> color/tag primary.
>
> So, for example, I might have a person with the tag A,B,C,D, and E. (In this
> instance A would be the primary tag/color)  How do I make E the primary
> tag/color? (A while ago I made a feature to do a "retag/reapply the same
> tag", and then Gramps would present a dialog box asking me whether to remove
> or make primary (or cancel) -- but received no response to this request) So
> I'm hoping that maybe there is some way to do this already, that I have
> overlooked. (other then deleting all tags and the applying them all again
> with E as the first tag.) It wouldn't be the first time that I've discovered
> a new feature, that I didn't know existed in Gramps.

The colour for the highest priority tag will be displayed.  This is
defined by changing the order of the tags in the "Organise Tags" dialog.