how to propose a new plugin

Eric Doutreleau
Hi

I have created for my own use and some other gramps user of geneanet (
at least two ) a plugin based of the GedcomExtension plugin named
GedcomforGeneanet.

It uses for exporting some new non standard tag that are known by
geneanet during the import of th gedcom.

I m totally new to git and a really underskill python developper :)

but it seems useful for some user of gramps.

i have created a git pull request to the addons-source repository on github.

Is it the right way to do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: how to propose a new plugin

DS Blank
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 9:08 AM, Eric Doutreleau <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I have created for my own use and some other gramps user of geneanet (
at least two ) a plugin based of the GedcomExtension plugin named
GedcomforGeneanet.

It uses for exporting some new non standard tag that are known by
geneanet during the import of th gedcom.

I m totally new to git and a really underskill python developper :)

but it seems useful for some user of gramps.

i have created a git pull request to the addons-source repository on github.

Is it the right way to do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, that is the right way. A couple of developers will look it over (I already have), and then commit it. It should happen within a day or so. After your first commit, then we'll do it faster, or give you push abilities.

Thanks for the contribution!

Do you think that this makes sense to make it a separate addon from the Gedcom Extension export? Or could we combine them?

-Doug

Re: how to propose a new plugin

enno
Op 29-04-16 om 15:54 schreef Doug Blank:
[...]

It seems to be made for a specific site, http://www.geneanet.org/, so I think it should be separate. I will be happy to test, and see how it differs from standard Gramps GEDCOM.

cheers,

Re: how to propose a new plugin

Eric Doutreleau

Thanks for your answer

For now i would prefer to not have direct write acces to the addons-source repo.

i have to be more well at ease with git.

i just begin to read the book i buy today :)

I agree with Enno.

The problems is that geneanet accept some gedcom tag based on the request of their users.

Therefore it s completely specific based mostly on the extension of the Heredis software.