import open-source format

There is a new GeneWeb version (26 Feb 2007)
Does evereyone know if the format has changed ?
And or try GRAMPS import/export plugin with this last version ?

--
Jérôme Rapinat

Yahoo! Mail r�invente le mail ! D�couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface r�volutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: import open-source format

Martin Hawlisch
Hi Jérôme,

I only had a quick look at it, there seem to be no significant changes to the file format (.gw). The import of a small test worked fine (Except those parts that have never been completely implemented in the importer).

Previously file format was defined to be iso-8859-1, that has changed in 5.0 to be unicode (utf-8). That infomation is written down in the file now. I can adapt the import script to honour that, but import worked fine without changes.

Notes can now use some kind of wiki syntax to format them. Dont know what we should do with that.

Cheers, Martin.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:33:55 +0100
Von: "Jérôme" <[hidden email]>
An: Gramps developers <[hidden email]>
CC:
Betreff: [Gramps-devel] import open-source format

> Hi,
>

> There is a new GeneWeb version (26 Feb 2007)
> Does evereyone know if the format has changed ?
> And or try GRAMPS import/export plugin with this last version ?
>

> --
> Jérôme Rapinat

> Yahoo! Mail r?invente le mail ! D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son
> interface r?volutionnaire.
> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out

Re: import open-source format

jerome
Martin,

> but import worked fine without changes

Someone asked me : why he cannot import .gw file into GRAMPS !!!
I don't have one .gw but look at GeneWeb web site and see new version
(5.0). That's why I thought there may have a new format ...
Seems not :)

I wait for more informations :
GRAMPS version + OS  or a testcase ...

I resume:
1. No error messages
2. file .gw seems to be open
3. GRAMPS display :
"Importation finished : 11 secondes
Families: 0
Individuals: 0"

a)I never see this kind of message after .gw import.
b)GRAMPS 2.2.x display message if user try to open file ("you should
import this file into a new database")

He may use an old version ...
I just see that you modify this plugin last year (11.2006).
Did you have such a problem ?

> I can adapt the import script to honour that

I tried GRAMPS .gw export for having a GeneWeb file !!!
Test a new import and just see something that may be useful for managing
data coming from GeneWeb : parsing date months.

I don't know if this could be easily added or if this is GRAMPS export
issue, but textual dates are hard to manage after a .gw import !!!