in-line citations suggestions

brian fitzgerald
I am writing some fairly extensive person notes occasionally for some of the folks in my database.
The idea is create a narrative providing a bit of context and some commentary.
I was wondering if there might be a way to involve the 'citations' and 'sources' functions in this. I don't see any way yet to accomplish this.
Has anyone tried to create in-line citations within person notes and, if so, how did you do it ?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

brian

Re: in-line citations suggestions

Philip Weiss
You can use internal links to objects inside notes, at least for sources.  It's not available for citations yet, but will be in Gramps 5.0:

The links don't include any of the text or whatnot that's attached to a citation or source or whatever is linked to.  It just creates a link.  I kinda wish we had something similar to how Facebook generates a short preview when a link is created, but that would be a whole 'nother feature.

Phil.