install of 2.01

Durand Daniel
I installed the 2.01 on kubuntu from debian package : no problem

I imported my Legacy gedcom test : no problem but finally, I saw that the
general notes for individual were not imported....

Gramps sounds good, so I'm impatient to see the problem of notes corrected
and, the ability to have the repositories of the sources added in the next
version to move definitively from windows Legacy to linux Gramps...
Thanks for the good job already done...
--
Cordialement,

Durand Daniel - France
http://durand-amd.net

Re: install of 2.01

Alex Roitman
Daniel,

On 05/25/2005 01:44:10 PM, Durand Daniel wrote:
> I imported my Legacy gedcom test : no problem but finally, I saw that the
> general notes for individual were not imported....

Could you please send the short fragment of GEDCOM that does not
get imported? Does it use standard GEDCOM tags, or are these
Legacy-specific tags?

> Gramps sounds good, so I'm impatient to see the problem of notes corrected
> and, the ability to have the repositories of the sources added in the next
> version to move definitively from windows Legacy to linux Gramps...

We have started working on the source repositories in the development
branch. If all goes well, gramps 2.2 will have this working.

The plan is to have a repository view, so that one can manage source
repositories. The sources then will be able to refer to one or more
of the repositories. Each reference will have a call number, media type,
and a note. The repository itself will have type, name, address,
phone, email, two URL fields (search and home), and a note.

Please feel free to contribute ideas/comments before things get
carved into stone :-)

Thanks,
ALex