more variability for output / printing

vm

more variability for output / printing

vm
hey,

inserting and printing Images and data in the output

I only find this option on "Reports > Graphics: "include Thumbnails".
but there it is not possible to vary the "output", to use variables for
content or "Display formats".
This is only possible under "Reports > Graphical Reports". There is the
tab "Display", but than no longer the option "include Thumbnails"??

But I'd like to have "miniature pictures" together with e.g.
{- $e[job]}

Does anyone know how *that* works?

gramps output seems to be too restrictive?

an other point:

I cannot change the thumbnail size. Where can I do that - for a pdf output?
on a A1 printout they are 150 dpi - even if I embed it in 300 dpi with 8
cm height: they are next to the font in half letter height - "great!" :-(
Where does Gramps scale the images? I didn't find anything there.

svg-Export simply doesn't give out the pictures?

gramps 4.2.2 on ubuntu

regards, mv

Re: more variability for output / printing

Ron Johnson
Off-topic: you should really upgrade, either to the latest in the v4.2 series or jump to 5.0.1.

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/releases/v4.2.8
https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/releases/v5.0.1

vm

Re: more variability for output / printing

vm
hi ron,

thats not the point: now
<https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/releases/v5.0.0> in addition
with sudo apt-get install graphviz

(I deinstall the old with synaptic an install the new downloaded by
terminal)

in the output gramps ist (still) not scaling the pictures!

beside the name I just get a 10px size image. :-(((

It's unbelievable!

on the screen they are ok ... mérde! sorry

----------

graphic of family-line >

with pdf-ghostscript or -graphviz

**where gramps scales the images?**
I try for hours ... or days

regards

(btw: and the line-thick etc. has also to be formated easily)

vm

Re: more variability for output / printing

vm
hi,

know gramps is scaling pictures,
(I made a new tree and import the backup-data)

**but doesn' change the font-size**

I have a bunch of little or **micro person-boxes** in a big spidernet =.-()
(on 23x33 in. or 8x11)

reports > graphics > relationgrafic

you can't show every output to anyone. :(

changing here the font-size (graphviz with pdf-graphviz)
leaving gramps fully unattended?? always the same micro-font.
what kind of software is that??

where I have to look for? (Or what am I doing wrong?)

at least this is 8th class programming-requirements: simple html and css
but my hands are tied. :(( no interfaces
(and now on gramps 5 the variables are abolished? I don't think thats
useful)

ubuntu linux and windows10
gramps 5.0.0

thx for help,