(no subject)

Anders Persson
Hi!

When trying to start gramps I get this:
  # gramps
ImportError: could not import bonobo.ui

And the message gramps itself gives me is:
GRAMPS : 1.0.11-1
LANG : sv_SE
Python : 2.4.1 final
GTK : 2.6.7
PyGTK : 2.6.1
OS : Gentoo Base System version 1.6.12

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/gramps/gramps.py", line 90, in ?
     StartupDialog.StartupDialog(gramps_main.Gramps,args)
   File "/usr/share/gramps/StartupDialog.py", line 63, in __init__
     d = gnome.ui.Druid()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Druid'

Any ideas?

/Anders (Sweden)

Re: (no subject)

Alex Roitman
Anders,

On 06/20/2005 12:28:13 PM, Anders Persson wrote:

> When trying to start gramps I get this:
>   # gramps

Are you running gramps as root? Pleas don't.
There's no good reason for it, and it's definitely bad for security.
If I'm completely off and it's just your regular user prompt,
please ignore me :-)

> ImportError: could not import bonobo.ui

Is there something like gnome-python-extras or gnome-python-bonobo
that you could install?

> And the message gramps itself gives me is:
> GRAMPS : 1.0.11-1
> LANG : sv_SE
> Python : 2.4.1 final
> GTK : 2.6.7
> PyGTK : 2.6.1
> OS : Gentoo Base System version 1.6.12
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/share/gramps/gramps.py", line 90, in ?
>      StartupDialog.StartupDialog(gramps_main.Gramps,args)
>    File "/usr/share/gramps/StartupDialog.py", line 63, in __init__
>      d = gnome.ui.Druid()
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Druid'
>
> Any ideas?
Your gnome-python is either incomplete or very old. Which version
is gnome-python (could be called python-gnome, or any combination
of python2.4 and gnome2, with or without numbers :-) ?

Alex

P.S. If you intend to post to gramps-users, it might be a good idea
to subscrube. If you don't want to subscribe, then maybe you better
post to the non-moderated gramps-bugs list.

Re: (no subject)

Richard Bos
Op maandag 20 juni 2005 19:40, schreef Alex Roitman:
> Your gnome-python is either incomplete or very old. Which version
> is gnome-python (could be called python-gnome, or any combination
> of python2.4 and gnome2, with or without numbers :-) ?

Which distribution?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless