(no subject)

Phil Collins-2
I to would like to start using Gramps but cannot find anyone to help me with Gramps could you advise me of a begginers programe that shows how to use Gramps
             Yours sincerely Phil Collins

Re: (no subject)

Ron Johnson

--
My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

Re: (no subject)

Philippe Couka
Hi

Could you tell us more about what you are using today?

Best regards

Philippe Couka

I to would like to start using Gramps but cannot find anyone to help me with Gramps could you advise me of a begginers programe that shows how to use Gramps
             Yours sincerely Phil Collins

Re: (no subject)

derHeinzi
Hello,

wouldn't it be nice if some experienced user could produce a little video-tutorial showing the first steps like
- First start of Gramps,
- Creating a new database,
- Adding (and sharing) the first persons (family with parents and children)
- Adding (and sharing) birth and marriage events
- Adding (and sharing) citations and places
- Creating a first report
- ...
I think this would make it much easier for the newcomers to understand how to basically work with Gramps.

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to create such a video and was not able to find something like that on youtube which could be recommended.

Kind regards,
Heinz

On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 08:54:38 +0100, Philippe Couka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Could you tell us more about what you are using today?
>
> Best regards
>
> Philippe Couka

>> I to would like to start using Gramps but cannot find anyone to help me
>> with Gramps could you advise me of a begginers programe that shows how to
>> use Gramps
>>              Yours sincerely Phil Collins

Re: (no subject)

Screen recording software is easily available, as is the ability to
integrate it with audio from a microphone.

On 11/05/2014 01:46 PM, Heinz Brinker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> wouldn't it be nice if some experienced user could produce a little video-tutorial showing the first steps like
> - First start of Gramps,
> - Creating a new database,
> - Adding (and sharing) the first persons (family with parents and children)
> - Adding (and sharing) birth and marriage events
> - Adding (and sharing) citations and places
> - Creating a first report
> - ...
> I think this would make it much easier for the newcomers to understand how to basically work with Gramps.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the ability to create such a video and was not able to find something like that on youtube which could be recommended.
>
> Kind regards,
> Heinz
>
> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 08:54:38 +0100, Philippe Couka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Could you tell us more about what you are using today?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Philippe Couka
>> [hidden email]

>>> I to would like to start using Gramps but cannot find anyone to help me
>>> with Gramps could you advise me of a begginers programe that shows how to
>>> use Gramps
>>>               Yours sincerely Phil Collins

--
My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

Re: (no subject)

Hello,

Two screencasts[1] on wiki were generated with 'recordmydesktop'[2], there is also some others tools[3].

[1] https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Screencasts
[2] http://recordmydesktop.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
[3] https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=How_you_can_help#But_what_if_I_don.27t_know_how_to_program.3F

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-users] (no subject)