notes (not for a rapport)

Michel Serne
Hello,
I am new with working with Gramps. My question: were can I write my
comments/notes about a person (or an event, or what-so-ever) that will not
be shown in a rapport. Something like a "thing to do"

regards,
Michel
 (I am Dutch so excuses for my bad English grammar.)

Re: notes (not for a rapport)

L.W.
afaik nowhere. i miss this, too.

but you can write a node and set it to private and at the report dialog
mark the options "do not publish private items" o

Am 07.12.2018 um 10:57 schrieb Michel Serne:

> Hello,
> I am new with working with Gramps. My question: were can I write my
> comments/notes about a person (or an event, or what-so-ever) that will not
> be shown in a rapport. Something like a "thing to do"
>
> regards,
> Michel
>   (I am Dutch so excuses for my bad English grammar.)
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: notes (not for a rapport)

Reinhard John
https://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Gramps_5.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Entering_and_editing_data:_detailed_-_part_2#Notes

> Gesendet: Freitag, 07. Dezember 2018 um 11:15 Uhr
> Von: "L.W." <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Gramps-users] notes (not for a rapport)
>
> afaik nowhere. i miss this, too.
>
> but you can write a node and set it to private and at the report dialog
> mark the options "do not publish private items" o
>
> Am 07.12.2018 um 10:57 schrieb Michel Serne:
> > Hello,
> > I am new with working with Gramps. My question: were can I write my
> > comments/notes about a person (or an event, or what-so-ever) that will not
> > be shown in a rapport. Something like a "thing to do"
> >
> > regards,
> > Michel
> >   (I am Dutch so excuses for my bad English grammar.)
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: notes (not for a rapport)

Michel Serne
Thanks for your reaction!
Is there a possibility to select 3000 notes and change them to "private"
in 1 action?

Michel

Op 7-12-2018 om 11:15 schreef L.W.:

> afaik nowhere. i miss this, too.
>
> but you can write a node and set it to private and at the report
> dialog mark the options "do not publish private items" o
>
> Am 07.12.2018 um 10:57 schrieb Michel Serne:
>> Hello,
>> I am new with working with Gramps. My question: were can I write my
>> comments/notes about a person (or an event, or what-so-ever) that
>> will not
>> be shown in a rapport. Something like a "thing to do"
>>
>> regards,
>> Michel
>>   (I am Dutch so excuses for my bad English grammar.)
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: notes (not for a rapport)

Dave Scheipers
Hi All

If you add a note to a person and set the Type to "To Do', the note
will automatically be added to the To Do gramplet.

You have learned that a note, or anything else, marked private can be
ignored in reports and exports if those reports and exports are told
to ignore any and all items marked private. It is not an automatic
feature to ignore Private items. There will be a check box as one of
the report options.

I know of no way to globally set the Private lock to a batch of records.