osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
Are there any tips on solving the osmgpsmap problem on centos 7?

Problem Description:

Selecting OpenStreetMap yields a blank page and the error:
(gramps:41392): OsmGpsMap-WARNING **: Error getting missing tile.

Console Data:

Attached is the status of the install of osm-gps-map and
osm-gps-map-gobject.

Gramps Version:

4.1.0, 4.1.2

OS:

Fedora 20, Centos 7

What does work:

All the other maps available for selection when right clicking.

Workarounds that I see generally:

Don't bother using osmgpsmap. Use the other maps.

This seems like a good idea, but it still continues to bug me that I
cannot get this working. It concerns me that maybe there are other
things that are not solid.

So, can anyone provide some ideas on how to fix this, and/or assurance
that if I do ignore this, that my install is not compromised (all other
things being equal).

Thanks,

Stan

osmgpsmap error (2K) Download Attachment

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Philippe Couka
Hi

Same thing for linux mint 17

Best regards

Philippe Couka

[...]

Brad Rogers
On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 18:01:13 -0700
Stan Cruise <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Stan,

>Selecting OpenStreetMap yields a blank page and the error:
>(gramps:41392): OsmGpsMap-WARNING **: Error getting missing tile.

Some versions of the OSMGpsMap library use an identifier string which
has been disallowed by the OSM project.  Maybe you're using one of those
versions.

IDK which version(s) of the library suffer this issue, but it's outside
the control of the writer's of Gramps.

--
 Regards  _
Chose to play the fool in a six piece band

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Serge Noiraud-2
Hi,

Le 06/03/2015 12:24, Brad Rogers a écrit :

> On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 18:01:13 -0700
> Stan Cruise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Stan,
>
>> Selecting OpenStreetMap yields a blank page and the error:
>> (gramps:41392): OsmGpsMap-WARNING **: Error getting missing tile.
> Some versions of the OSMGpsMap library use an identifier string which
> has been disallowed by the OSM project.  Maybe you're using one of those
> versions.
>
> IDK which version(s) of the library suffer this issue, but it's outside
> the control of the writer's of Gramps.
Yes, for that you need to have 1.02 of osmgpsmap :
On my ubuntu :
dpkg -l | grep osmgps
ii  gir1.2-osmgpsmap-1.0         1.0.2-1      amd64        GTK+ library to embed OpenStreetMap maps - Python bindings
ii  libosmgpsmap-1.0-0:amd64 1.0.2-1      amd64        GTK+ library to embed OpenStreetMap maps

For fedora, I don't know but certainly the same :
rpm -qa | grep osmgps

Serge

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
Hi Serge,

I was on that path as I also got it working on ubuntu, and I had to do
the upgrade to 1.0.2. I did not spend much time looking for a similar
upgrade for fc/centos, as my first cursory attempt was unsuccessful. I
may have to compile it from the tarball.

But now I am more confident that this will fix it, and so I can focus on
this path. I do see a fair amount of similar posts for this issue, so if
I am successful at getting it to work in the fc/centos world I will be
sure to post my results.

Stan

On 03/06/2015 04:54 AM, Serge Noiraud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 06/03/2015 12:24, Brad Rogers a écrit :
>> On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 18:01:13 -0700
>> Stan Cruise <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Stan,
>>
>>> Selecting OpenStreetMap yields a blank page and the error:
>>> (gramps:41392): OsmGpsMap-WARNING **: Error getting missing tile.
>> Some versions of the OSMGpsMap library use an identifier string which
>> has been disallowed by the OSM project.  Maybe you're using one of those
>> versions.
>>
>> IDK which version(s) of the library suffer this issue, but it's outside
>> the control of the writer's of Gramps.
> Yes, for that you need to have 1.02 of osmgpsmap :
> On my ubuntu :
> dpkg -l | grep osmgps
> ii  gir1.2-osmgpsmap-1.0         1.0.2-1      amd64        GTK+ library to embed OpenStreetMap maps - Python bindings
> ii  libosmgpsmap-1.0-0:amd64 1.0.2-1      amd64        GTK+ library to embed OpenStreetMap maps
>
> For fedora, I don't know but certainly the same :
> rpm -qa | grep osmgps
>
> Serge

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
Further:

Maybe someone can help re centos/fedora.

I had installed osmgpsmap and osmgpsmap introspection 1.01 via rpm, and gramps geography works but not osmgpsmaps.

I backed these rpms out, and tried to compile, install osmgpsmap from the latest tarball (1.02) from nzjrs. It seemed to install and the right things are in /usr/local/lib. However gramps is looking for osmgpsmap introspection and will not even show the geography view. I made sure to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

It seems that the 1.02 version of introspection is not available.

So that seems to be it, unless of course I am missing something.

Both map and instrospection 1.02 are available for .deb, and work.

Stan

On 03/06/2015 10:10 AM, Stan Cruise wrote:
[...]

Peter Merchant
On 06/03/15 19:38, Stan Cruise wrote:
[...]

Once again, this looks like the kind of thing that it would be good to have on the Wiki, with instructions for common Distributions/OS's

Peter M.

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Josip
You made install in /usr/local so introspection get installed in that too in girepository-1.0 subfolder. Check for that and export it in
GI_TYPELIB_PATH envar.

Josip

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
Hi Josip,

I did the following:

export GI_TYPELIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib

gramps still does not see it.

I checked and OsmGpsMap-1.0.typelib is in /usr/local/lib/girepository-1.0. I also did:

export GI_TYPELIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib/girepository-1.0. Still no luck.

I have attached  the console of the install of osmgpsmap. To my naive eye, it looks relatively OK, but I am missing something so that gramps can detect it. Basically, I don't know what I am doing at this point :).

Stan

osmgpsmap install console (26K) Download Attachment

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Josip
Logs look OK
Funny how you tried various install methods ;-)

Export both GI and LD path then start python and type there:
from gi.repository import OsmGpsMsp

Josip

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
Thanks for putting up with my issue here. I feel I am so close, but it is still elusive.

I attached the console for doing your suggestion below.

Stan

Console 2015-03-06 (1K) Download Attachment

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
That worked OK, no errors.

Gramps still cannot see osm ... . Is there a debug path so I can get more data?

Stan

On 03/06/2015 10:27 PM, josip wrote:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export GI_TYPELIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib/girepository-1.0

Josip

Console 2015-03-06- import (404 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Alain AUPEIX
Le 07/03/2015 00:52, Stan Cruise a écrit :
Hi Josip,

I did the following:

export GI_TYPELIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib

gramps still does not see it.

I checked and OsmGpsMap-1.0.typelib is in /usr/local/lib/girepository-1.0. I also did:

export GI_TYPELIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib/girepository-1.0. Still no luck.

I have attached  the console of the install of osmgpsmap. To my naive eye, it looks relatively OK, but I am missing something so that gramps can detect it. Basically, I don't know what I am doing at this point :).
Perhaps create a conf file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d with the path of the libs
And then : sudo ldconfig

A+
--

Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/

U.buntu 12.04 | G.ramps 3.4.8-1 | H.arbour 3.2.0dev (2015-02-23 16:47) | HbIDE (Rev.316) | Five.Linux (r138) | Hw.Gui (2374)

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Douglas Bainbridge
Osmgpsmap has given me a lot of headaches, too.
FWIW this it what finally worked for me with a linux Mint debian set-up (python3, gtk3, gramps 4.1.2) - in the hope it may give you some hints for your own set-up.

I had tried various set-ups; the best gave me a working osm-gpsmap but I did not have OpenStreetMap or GoogleMap.
I started again by removing python-osmgpsmap and deleting all *osmgps* files, then downloaded:

libosmgpsmap-1.0-0-dbg_1.0.2-2_amd64.deb
gir1.2-osmgpsmap-1.0_1.0.2-2_amd64.deb
libosmgpsmap-1.0-0-dev_1.0.2-2_amd64.deb
libglib2.0-0_2.42.1-1_amd64.deb
libosmgpsmap-1.0-0_1.0.2-2_amd64.deb

and installed them with dpkg.
(NOTE: this entailed removing a great wodge of other packages)
Then re-installed python-osmgpsmap.
Osmgpsmap was installed, as shown by 'gramps -v' , but starting gramps produced a series of error messages:
“The view All known Places did not load and reported an error.

*** No error found, probably error in gpr.py file ***”
etc. AND
“WARNING: _manager.py: line 293: Plugin error (from
'geoplaces'): No module named 'gramps.plugins.lib.maps.osmgps', etc.

The problem was that gramps.plugins.lib.maps.osmgps had not been installed, because there was no osmgps.py file in the Gramps/gramps/plugins/lib/maps directory.

'git checkout gramps/plugins/lib/maps/osmgps.py'
retrieved and installed osmgps.py

And it now works properly.

HTH

Doug

conversation now.http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

conversation now.http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
Tried ldconfig - verfied that the lib paths are there after issuing the command. Gramps still cannot see osmgpsmap.

Do you think that reinstalling gramps will help, now that I have the correct osmgpsmap stuff installed? The current install of gramps was done *before* trying to sort out this osmgpsmap stuff.

Stan

On 03/07/2015 01:17 AM, Alain Aupeix wrote:
[...]

Beyond this, I understand there are logs that one can enable and then analyze; would this not be a next path so as to determine exactly what Gramps cannot see when starting up?

I figure I can spend many days figuring out the log system, but as a lazy-guy question, are there any obviously direct methods to do this?

Stan

ldconfig (333 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: osm-gps-map: Error getting missing tile.

Stan Cruise
Thanks for the note Douglas.

As a parallel activity, I have set up Gramps on Ubuntu 14.10 VM. It is all working, even osmgpsmap. It was actually quite straighforward using the .deb pkg from the Gramps site or sourceforge. I had to do some manual installs of osm stuff, and then it worked. I took detailed notes along the way and I can clean this up and post my recipe if anyone would like to see it.

I have been an 'rpm' guy for a while now and had resisted trying out .deb. Really, who cares if it supports an app better. I can see from the Gramps site that .deb is a first option. So, why push on the rope. So far, .deb has been quite smooth. Pretty close to my centos experience.

I worry about the day when Ubuntu goes to systemctl in a big way. I stuck with centos  thru systemctl and now can make most things work pretty well (think vnc for starters). I had hoped to continue with centos for Gramps, but if I cannot solve a basic osmgpsmap/install issue, then I will rethink this.

For those out there helping me on the centos/fc path with gramps, I really appreciate the help. I will continue to debug the centos install.

Stan