plugin core dump

Lou Sanchez-Chopitea
Hi,

     I cloned the 5.1.0 source and am trying to run a gramplet that was
working in my 4.2.8 installation. It did not go well.

(cd gramps; python3 Gramps.py)
**
Gtk:ERROR:gtkactionmuxer.c:942:gtk_normalise_detailed_action_name:
assertion failed (error == NULL): Detailed action name 'win.wm/Test
Report Gramplet' has invalid format (g-variant-parse-error-quark, 0)
/bin/sh: line 1:  5448 Aborted                 (core dumped) python3
Gramps.py
make: *** [Makefile:18: run] Error 134

I compared the gpr file and nothing jumped out. It does not seem that I
even get into my code. Does anyone have any direction to point me in? If
not, I'll try stripping it down until things work or it gives me
something a little clearer. Thanks.

Cheers

Lou

Re: plugin core dump

John Ralls-2

> On Jun 24, 2019, at 9:46 PM, Lou Sanchez-Chopitea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>     I cloned the 5.1.0 source and am trying to run a gramplet that was working in my 4.2.8 installation. It did not go well.
>
> (cd gramps; python3 Gramps.py)
> **
> Gtk:ERROR:gtkactionmuxer.c:942:gtk_normalise_detailed_action_name: assertion failed (error == NULL): Detailed action name 'win.wm/Test Report Gramplet' has invalid format (g-variant-parse-error-quark, 0)
> /bin/sh: line 1:  5448 Aborted                 (core dumped) python3 Gramps.py
> make: *** [Makefile:18: run] Error 134
>
> I compared the gpr file and nothing jumped out. It does not seem that I even get into my code. Does anyone have any direction to point me in? If not, I'll try stripping it down until things work or it gives me something a little clearer. Thanks.

First make sure that Gramps loads and runs with no add-ons.

I gripped both gramps and gramps-addons sources for 'Test Report Gramplet' and found nothing. If it's not in your gramplet's source either then perhaps you didn't sufficiently clean out 4.2.8 before installing 5.1.

Regards,
John Ralls

Re: plugin core dump

Lou Sanchez-Chopitea
Hmm, I didn't give enough detail. This is a gramplet that I wrote.
Gramps is running normally, it dumps core when I try to run the
gramplet. It is not clear what it does not like about the code, but it
is before it gets control apparently.

Cheers

Lou
On 6/25/2019 7:20 AM, John Ralls wrote:

>> On Jun 24, 2019, at 9:46 PM, Lou Sanchez-Chopitea <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>      I cloned the 5.1.0 source and am trying to run a gramplet that was working in my 4.2.8 installation. It did not go well.
>>
>> (cd gramps; python3 Gramps.py)
>> **
>> Gtk:ERROR:gtkactionmuxer.c:942:gtk_normalise_detailed_action_name: assertion failed (error == NULL): Detailed action name 'win.wm/Test Report Gramplet' has invalid format (g-variant-parse-error-quark, 0)
>> /bin/sh: line 1:  5448 Aborted                 (core dumped) python3 Gramps.py
>> make: *** [Makefile:18: run] Error 134
>>
>> I compared the gpr file and nothing jumped out. It does not seem that I even get into my code. Does anyone have any direction to point me in? If not, I'll try stripping it down until things work or it gives me something a little clearer. Thanks.

>> First make sure that Gramps loads and runs with no add-ons.
>>
>> I gripped both gramps and gramps-addons sources for 'Test Report Gramplet' and found nothing. If it's not in your gramplet's source either then perhaps you didn't sufficiently clean out 4.2.8 before installing 5.1.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls

Re: plugin core dump

Nick Hall
On 25/06/2019 16:14, Lou Sanchez-Chopitea wrote:
> Hmm, I didn't give enough detail. This is a gramplet that I wrote.
> Gramps is running normally, it dumps core when I try to run the
> gramplet. It is not clear what it does not like about the code, but it
> is before it gets control apparently.

Please post the gpr file entry for this addon.

Re: plugin core dump

John Ralls-2

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Nick Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 25/06/2019 16:14, Lou Sanchez-Chopitea wrote:
>> Hmm, I didn't give enough detail. This is a gramplet that I wrote. Gramps is running normally, it dumps core when I try to run the gramplet. It is not clear what it does not like about the code, but it is before it gets control apparently.
>
> Please post the gpr file entry for this addon.

Please also post the top 20 or so frames from the stack trace of the core dump. If you haven't already, please install the debug symbols packages for libgtk, libglib, and Python before starting gdb.

Regards,
John Ralls