proposed patch (date-format report option)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
83 messages Options
12345
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

dave.khuon@gmail.com

Hi Arnold and Josip,

 

First, thanks Josip for putting together the wiki page.  It is very easy to follow.  I got everything downloaded and installed, except at the point to run python3 setup.py build in the grampsdev.  

 

It seems that this environment doesn’t know where python is, even though it was already installed in folder C:\Program Files\Python35\ for all users.  Is it possible to have MSYS2 environment include the installed python?  See a portion of the MSYS2 log below:

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ git remote add -t master -f origin https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps.git

Updating origin

remote: Counting objects: 177824, done.

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (39/39), done.

remote: Total 177824 (delta 8), reused 7 (delta 0), pack-reused 177785

Receiving objects: 100% (177824/177824), 175.94 MiB | 1.18 MiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (144108/144108), done.

From https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps

* [new branch]          master     -> origin/master

* [new tag]             v2.2.0-rc1    -> v2.2.0-rc1

* [new tag]             v2.2.0-rc2    -> v2.2.0-rc2

* [new tag]             v2.2.1        -> v2.2.1

* [new tag]             v2.2.2        -> v2.2.2

* [new tag]             v2.2.6        -> v2.2.6

* [new tag]             v2.90.0-beta  -> v2.90.0-beta

* [new tag]             v5.0.0-alpha1 -> v5.0.0-alpha1

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ git checkout master

Checking out files: 100% (1877/1877), done.

Branch master set up to track remote branch master from origin.

Already on 'master'

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ git describe

v5.0.0-alpha1-1024-g0919763f1

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ python3 setup.py build

bash: python3: command not found

 

 

<< I manually entered below, hoping to get python to work in this environment >>

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ python setup.py build

bash: python: command not found

<< this was the first point of failure >>

 

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ path

bash: path: command not found

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ set path

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$ C:\Program Files\Python35\python setup.py build

bash: C:Program: command not found

 

davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev

$

 

My installed python:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

 

C:\Users\davek>python

Python 3.5.3 (v3.5.3:1880cb95a742, Jan 16 2017, 16:02:32) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

>>> 

>>> exit

Use exit() or Ctrl-Z plus Return to exit

>>> ^Z

 

Please let me know how to get over this hurdle.  Thanks,

-dave

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:33 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Gramps-devel] new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

 

 

On 3/20/2017 3:15 PM, Josip wrote:



I just started wiki page about how to use MSYS2 to run Gramps master on 
Windows. After doing that you should be able to use that with any IDE

Thank you very much, Josip.
I just installed the test version using the wiki instructions, it all worked out well and I was able to run the current test version of gramps.

Would it be possible to add a few comments or recommendations on how best to run the 'bleeding edge' version along side a current stable version for the 'Sunday only' users like myself? :-)
Presumably it is possible to set GRAMPSHOME inside the MSYS environment?
Or would setting it in the Win environment be sufficient?

TIA,
Arnold


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by Oldest1
21.3.2017. u 18:33, [hidden email] je napisao/la:

>
> On 3/20/2017 3:15 PM, Josip wrote:
>>
>> I just started wiki page about how to use MSYS2 to run Gramps master on
>> Windows. After doing that you should be able to use that with any IDE
> Thank you very much, Josip.
> I just installed the test version using the wiki instructions, it all
> worked out well and I was able to run the current test version of gramps.
>
> Would it be possible to add a few comments or recommendations on how
> best to run the 'bleeding edge' version along side a current stable
> version for the 'Sunday only' users like myself? :-)
> Presumably it is possible to set GRAMPSHOME inside the MSYS environment?
> Or would setting it in the Win environment be sufficient?
>
> TIA,
> Arnold
>

If you want to use your MSYS2 home you can set it from mingw64 shell on
each run like:
   GRAMPSHOME=~ python3 Gramps.py
If you want it persistant:
   echo 'export GRAMPSHOME=~' >> ~/.profile
   source ~/.profile



--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by dave.khuon@gmail.com
21.3.2017. u 21:39, Dave Khuon je napisao/la:

> Hi Arnold and Josip,
>
>
>
> First, thanks Josip for putting together the wiki page.  It is very easy to
> follow.  I got everything downloaded and installed, except at the point to
> run python3 setup.py build in the grampsdev.
>
>
>
> It seems that this environment doesn't know where python is, even though it
> was already installed in folder C:\Program Files\Python35\ for all users.
> Is it possible to have MSYS2 environment include the installed python?  See
> a portion of the MSYS2 log below:
>
>

If you follow wiki instruction then you just installed python3.
You can use other python version if you want but keep in mind that one
from python.org is compiled with msvc not gcc, have different dependency
and not work with any python package from MSYS2 repo

>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>

Yours prompt should look like:
   davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MINGW64 ~/grampsdev
Looks like you use msys2 shell instead of mingw64 shell.

> $ git remote add -t master -f origin
> https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps.git
>
> Updating origin
>
> remote: Counting objects: 177824, done.
>
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (39/39), done.
>
> remote: Total 177824 (delta 8), reused 7 (delta 0), pack-reused 177785
>
> Receiving objects: 100% (177824/177824), 175.94 MiB | 1.18 MiB/s, done.
>
> Resolving deltas: 100% (144108/144108), done.
>
> From https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps
>
> * [new branch]          master     -> origin/master
>
> * [new tag]             v2.2.0-rc1    -> v2.2.0-rc1
>
> * [new tag]             v2.2.0-rc2    -> v2.2.0-rc2
>
> * [new tag]             v2.2.1        -> v2.2.1
>
> * [new tag]             v2.2.2        -> v2.2.2
>
> * [new tag]             v2.2.6        -> v2.2.6
>
> * [new tag]             v2.90.0-beta  -> v2.90.0-beta
>
> * [new tag]             v5.0.0-alpha1 -> v5.0.0-alpha1
>
>
>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $ git checkout master
>
> Checking out files: 100% (1877/1877), done.
>
> Branch master set up to track remote branch master from origin.
>
> Already on 'master'
>
>
>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $ git describe
>
> v5.0.0-alpha1-1024-g0919763f1
>
>
>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $ python3 setup.py build
>
> bash: python3: command not found
>

As i said use mingw64 shell

>
>
>
> << I manually entered below, hoping to get python to work in this
> environment >>
>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $ python setup.py build
>
> bash: python: command not found
>
> << this was the first point of failure >>
>
>
>
>
>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $ path
>
> bash: path: command not found
>


You are in bash shell so use:
   echo $PATH

>
>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $ set path
>
>
>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $ C:\Program Files\Python35\python setup.py build
>
> bash: C:Program: command not found
>
>

Use mingw64 shell and python provided with it.
btw. you must use *nix path not windows path style
/C/Program\ Files/Python35/python

>
> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>
> $
>
>
>
> My installed python:
>
> Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
>
> (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
>
>
> C:\Users\davek>python
>
> Python 3.5.3 (v3.5.3:1880cb95a742, Jan 16 2017, 16:02:32) [MSC v.1900 64 bit
> (AMD64)] on win32
>
> Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>
>>>>
>
>>>> exit
>
> Use exit() or Ctrl-Z plus Return to exit
>
>>>> ^Z
>

jole@idea-PC MINGW64 ~/grampsdev
$ python3
Python 3.5.3 (default, Feb 27 2017, 09:17:48)  [GCC 6.3.0 64 bit
(AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
 >>>


--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Oldest1
In reply to this post by Oldest1

Thank you, Josip.

So I understand that, in effect, the MSYS environment can be treated entirely separate from my AIO installation?

Arnold

PS: I am just trying to be extra careful and avoid and mistakes & extra work at my end


On 3/21/2017 2:05 PM, Josip wrote:
21.3.2017. u 18:33, [hidden email] je napisao/la:
On 3/20/2017 3:15 PM, Josip wrote:
I just started wiki page about how to use MSYS2 to run Gramps master on
Windows. After doing that you should be able to use that with any IDE
Thank you very much, Josip.
I just installed the test version using the wiki instructions, it all
worked out well and I was able to run the current test version of gramps.

Would it be possible to add a few comments or recommendations on how
best to run the 'bleeding edge' version along side a current stable
version for the 'Sunday only' users like myself? :-)
Presumably it is possible to set GRAMPSHOME inside the MSYS environment?
Or would setting it in the Win environment be sufficient?

TIA,
Arnold

If you want to use your MSYS2 home you can set it from mingw64 shell on 
each run like:
   GRAMPSHOME=~ python3 Gramps.py
If you want it persistant:
   echo 'export GRAMPSHOME=~' >> ~/.profile
   source ~/.profile




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by manzi.sam
21.3.2017. u 21:59, Sam Manzi je napisao/la:
>> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>>
>>
> If my information is correct, I'll update the wiki to reflect this for
> you.  I also then recommend you then possibly need to  uninstall msys2
> completely and install again using the  "MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit"  shortcut
> instead.

No need to uninstall anything.
Home folder is same in every shell (msys2, mingw32, mingw64)
Package can be installed from any shell, it will know where it belongs.

--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by Oldest1
21.3.2017. u 22:32, [hidden email] je napisao/la:
> So I understand that, in effect, the MSYS environment can be treated
> entirely separate from my AIO installation?

Yes!

--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

dave.khuon@gmail.com
In reply to this post by Josip
RE: [Gramps-devel] new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Hi Josip,

Yes, I was indeed using the wrong environment.  Here is how it starts:

·       I was following the wiki: install MSYS2 step 1.1 .  The environment did not terminate at the end of the script:  pacman -Syuu - see below:

      warning: terminate MSYS2 without returning to shell and check for updates again

      warning: for example close your terminal window instead of calling exit

·       I had to unwillingly close the session, and relaunch a new session, but instead of picking MSYS2 MinGW 64bits, I wrongly used MSYS2 MSYS for the next steps 1.2 (Gramps dependencies), 1.3 (Git), 2.1 - 2.3 (prepare, download, and setup Source) .

·       How would I undo the steps 1.2 – 2.3 and redo them correctly with MSYS2 MinGW 64bits.

Note: Just a thought, maybe for the future, we should let the script running 1.1 pacman Syuu complete its job, and keep the session open for other steps.

-dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Josip [[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:06 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Gramps-devel] new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

21.3.2017. u 18:33, [hidden email] je napisao/la:

>

> On 3/20/2017 3:15 PM, Josip wrote:

>>

>> I just started wiki page about how to use MSYS2 to run Gramps master

>> on Windows. After doing that you should be able to use that with any

>> IDE

> Thank you very much, Josip.

> I just installed the test version using the wiki instructions, it all

> worked out well and I was able to run the current test version of gramps.

>

> Would it be possible to add a few comments or recommendations on how

> best to run the 'bleeding edge' version along side a current stable

> version for the 'Sunday only' users like myself? :-) Presumably it is

> possible to set GRAMPSHOME inside the MSYS environment?

> Or would setting it in the Win environment be sufficient?

>

> TIA,

> Arnold

>

If you want to use your MSYS2 home you can set it from mingw64 shell on each run like:

   GRAMPSHOME=~ python3 Gramps.py

If you want it persistant:

   echo 'export GRAMPSHOME=~' >> ~/.profile

   source ~/.profile



--

Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most

engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot

_______________________________________________

Gramps-devel mailing list

[hidden email]

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

manzi.sam
In reply to this post by Oldest1
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

dave.khuon@gmail.com
In reply to this post by Josip
I will redo it over.  Thanks, Josip.  
-dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Josip [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 4:38 PM
To: Gramps Development List
Subject: Re: [Gramps-devel] new Windows developer - was: proposed patch
(date-format report option)

21.3.2017. u 21:59, Sam Manzi je napisao/la:
>> davek@DAVE-YOGA-900 MSYS ~/grampsdev
>>
>>
> If my information is correct, I'll update the wiki to reflect this for
> you.  I also then recommend you then possibly need to  uninstall msys2
> completely and install again using the  "MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit"  shortcut
> instead.

No need to uninstall anything.
Home folder is same in every shell (msys2, mingw32, mingw64) Package can be
installed from any shell, it will know where it belongs.

--
Josip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging
tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Oldest1
In reply to this post by Oldest1

Again, thank you, Josip.

In the meantime, I have installed PyCharm Community edition as my IDE and was able to load gramps and after adding  GRAMPSHOME to my project environment I no longer get the issue of trying to downgrade my existing data to an earlier DB environment.

However I do get a number of other warnings all apparently dealing with "Failed Loading View" in various modules.

Are these warnings to be expected or are there still packages or modules that need to be installed?

A typical traceback looks like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 239, in load_plugin
    _module = self.import_plugin(pdata)
  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 300, in import_plugin
    module = __import__(pdata.mod_name)
  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\view\geoclose.py", line 60, in <module>
    from gramps.plugins.lib.maps.geography import GeoGraphyView
  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\geography.py", line 62, in <module>
    from .osmgps import OsmGps
  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\osmgps.py", line 54, in <module>
    from .dummylayer import DummyLayer
  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\dummylayer.py", line 59, in <module>
    class DummyLayer(GObject.GObject, osmgpsmap.MapLayer):
  File "C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\python3.5\site-packages\gi\module.py", line 222, in __getattr__
    wrapper = metaclass(name, bases, dict_)
  File "C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\python3.5\site-packages\gi\types.py", line 234, in __init__
    register_interface_info(cls.__info__.get_g_type())
TypeError: must be an interface


Arnold


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by dave.khuon@gmail.com
21.3.2017. u 22:49, Dave Khuon je napisao/la:

> Hi Josip,
> Yes, I was indeed using the wrong environment.  Here is how it starts:
> * I was following the wiki: install MSYS2 step 1.1 .  The environment
> did not terminate at the end of the script:  pacman -Syuu - see below:
> warning: terminate MSYS2 without returning to shell and
> check for updates again
> warning: for example close your terminal window instead of
> calling exit
> * I had to unwillingly close the session, and relaunch a new session,
> but instead of picking MSYS2 MinGW 64bits, I wrongly used MSYS2 MSYS for the
> next steps 1.2 (Gramps dependencies), 1.3 (Git), 2.1 - 2.3 (prepare,
> download, and setup Source) .
> * How would I undo the steps 1.2 - 2.3 and redo them correctly with
> MSYS2 MinGW 64bits.
>
> Note: Just a thought, maybe for the future, we should let the script running
> 1.1 pacman -Syuu complete its job, and keep the session open for other
> steps.
> -dave

When updating core package you must close (as it said forcefully) shell
(with close button, not just typing exit on it)

No need to undo anything.
Open mingw64 shell (with shortcut "MSYS2 MinGW 64bit") and type line by
line:
cd ~/grampsdev
python3 setup.py build
GRAMPSHOME=~ python3 Gramps.py

--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by Oldest1
21.3.2017. u 23:11, [hidden email] je napisao/la:

> Again, thank you, Josip.
>
> In the meantime, I have installed PyCharm Community edition as my IDE
> and was able to load gramps and after adding  GRAMPSHOME to my project
> environment I no longer get the issue of trying to downgrade my existing
> data to an earlier DB environment.
>
> However I do get a number of other warnings all apparently dealing with
> "Failed Loading View" in various modules.
>
> Are these warnings to be expected or are there still packages or modules
> that need to be installed?
>
> A typical traceback looks like:
>
> /Traceback (most recent call last)://
> //  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py",
> line 239, in load_plugin//
> //    _module = self.import_plugin(pdata)//
> //  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py",
> line 300, in import_plugin//
> //    module = __import__(pdata.mod_name)//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\view\geoclose.py", line
> 60, in <module>//
> //    from gramps.plugins.lib.maps.geography import GeoGraphyView//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\geography.py",
> line 62, in <module>//
> //    from .osmgps import OsmGps//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\osmgps.py",
> line 54, in <module>//
> //    from .dummylayer import DummyLayer//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\dummylayer.py",
> line 59, in <module>//
> //    class DummyLayer(GObject.GObject, osmgpsmap.MapLayer)://
> //  File "C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\python3.5\site-packages\gi\module.py",
> line 222, in __getattr__//
> //    wrapper = metaclass(name, bases, dict_)//
> //  File "C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\python3.5\site-packages\gi\types.py",
> line 234, in __init__//
> //    register_interface_info(cls.__info__.get_g_type())//
> //TypeError: must be an interface/
>
>
> Arnold
>
>

GeoView not work currently, MSYS2 is rolling release and some packages
does not get updated immediately when their rebuild is needed.


--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by manzi.sam
21.3.2017. u 23:03, Sam Manzi je napisao/la:
> Hi Josip,
>
> Thank you for the instructions they work as advertised :)
>

They are "Work in Progress".
Not all things will work out of box and i need some time to sort it out
(things are changed frequently) and explain.
Maybe i announced it to early.

> I've updated the wiki to mention how to use the windows version of
> Graphview as well as installing a few extra programs for runing Gramps test.
>

I said in discussion page why i dislike it (graphviz), same thing for
everything other not build-ed and installed msys2 way

> Regards
> Sam
>
> PS:
> Running the Gramps test in verbose mode gave the following result:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> <snip>
> test_consistent_with_DISPLAY_env
> (gramps.gen.test.constfunc_test.Test_has_display) ... skipped 'Written for
> Linux only...'
> <snip>
> ======================================================================
> FAIL: test_next_person_no_end
> (gramps.plugins.importer.test.importvcard_test.VCardCheck)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "C:\msys64\home\me\gramps\gramps\plugins\importer\test\importvcard_test.py",
> line 223, in test_next_person_no_end
>     self.do_case("\r\n".join(self.vcard), self.gramps)
>   File
> "C:\msys64\home\me\gramps\gramps\plugins\importer\test\importvcard_test.py",
> line 100, in do_case
>     self.canonicalize(expect_doc))
> AssertionError: b'<da[158 chars]"I0001" id="I0001"><gender>U</gender><name
> typ[192 chars]ase>' != b'<da[158 chars]"I0000"
> id="I0000"><gender>U</gender><name typ[192 chars]ase>'
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 21676 tests in 399.562s
>
> FAILED (failures=1, skipped=1)
> --------------------------
>
> So one was expect as it should only work on linux and the other works on
> linux but not on MSYS2 not sure why?
>
> Other issues:
>
> *Ended up removing osmgpsmap with the following command:
>
> pacman -R mingw-w64-x86_64-osmgpsmap-git
>
> due to the following error:
>
> ** (python3.exe:348): WARNING **: Failed to load shared library
> 'libosmgpsmap-1.0-0.dll' referenced by the typelib:
> 'libosmgpsmap-1.0-0.dll': The specified procedure could not be found.
>

That means that package mingw-w64-x86_64-osmgpsmap-git needs to be
updated (rebuild). If you give me some time i will explain how ;-)

> This in turn showed that when running Gramps tests the GUI for osmgpsmap
> not being installed appears and stops the test in CLI mode, not a desired
> result.
>
>
> * When building Gramps the following is in the output:
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
>         LC_ALL = "C ",
>         LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
> perl: warning: Falling back to a fallback locale ("en_US.UTF-8").
>
> My locale is as follows so not sure what to set it to?
>
> me@me-win7-pro-x64 MINGW64 ~/gramps
> $ locale
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
>


--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

dave.khuon@gmail.com
In reply to this post by Josip
RE: [Gramps-devel] new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Hi Josip,

I followed your suggestions:

      cd ~/grampsdev

      python3 setup.py build

      GRAMPSHOME=~ python3 Gramps.py

Was able to setup.py build.  However to run Gramps, I got some errors:

      $ GRAMPSHOME=~ python3 Gramps.py

      Traceback (most recent call last):

        File "C:\msys64\home\davek\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 239, in load_plugin

          _module = self.import_plugin(pdata)

        File "C:\msys64\home\davek\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py", line 272, in import_plugin

          module = __import__(pdata.mod_name)

        File "C:/msys64/home/davek/grampsdev/gramps/plugins/view\geomoves.py", line 59, in <module>

          from gramps.plugins.lib.maps.geography import GeoGraphyView

        File "C:\msys64\home\davek\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\geography.py", line 62, in <module>

          from .osmgps import OsmGps

        File "C:\msys64\home\davek\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\osmgps.py", line 54, in <module>

          from .dummylayer import DummyLayer

        File "C:\msys64\home\davek\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\dummylayer.py", line 59, in <module>

          class DummyLayer(GObject.GObject, osmgpsmap.MapLayer):

        File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.5/site-packages\gi\module.py", line 222, in __getattr__

          wrapper = metaclass(name, bases, dict_)

        File "C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/python3.5/site-packages\gi\types.py", line 234, in __init__

          register_interface_info(cls.__info__.get_g_type())

      TypeError: must be an interface

      I got Failed Loading View screen (8 times), and a Warning of database being depregaded/downgraded, to which I said YES.  it show an empty catalog Anyway, it let me create a new tree, and import my real tree backup.  Seems this MinGW environment is isolated from the AIO 4.2.5 database I get to add 2 new persons, but need more play times ;). 

      Now that I feel being a bit more functional, I will in the next couple of days, perform the patches and run some test scenarios as suggested.

      Josip,  Arnold, Paul Franklin, and others, thank you all for bootstrapping me.  Take care everyone.

      -dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Josip [[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:57 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Gramps-devel] new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

21.3.2017. u 22:49, Dave Khuon je napisao/la:

> Hi Josip,

> Yes, I was indeed using the wrong environment.  Here is how it starts:

> *     I was following the wiki: install MSYS2 step 1.1 .  The environment

> did not terminate at the end of the script:  pacman -Syuu - see below:

>               warning: terminate MSYS2 without returning to shell and check for

> updates again

>               warning: for example close your terminal window instead of calling

> exit

> *     I had to unwillingly close the session, and relaunch a new session,

> but instead of picking MSYS2 MinGW 64bits, I wrongly used MSYS2 MSYS

> for the next steps 1.2 (Gramps dependencies), 1.3 (Git), 2.1 - 2.3

> (prepare, download, and setup Source) .

> *     How would I undo the steps 1.2 - 2.3 and redo them correctly with

> MSYS2 MinGW 64bits.

>

> Note: Just a thought, maybe for the future, we should let the script

> running

> 1.1 pacman -Syuu complete its job, and keep the session open for other

> steps.

> -dave

When updating core package you must close (as it said forcefully) shell (with close button, not just typing exit on it)

No need to undo anything.

Open mingw64 shell (with shortcut "MSYS2 MinGW 64bit") and type line by

line:

cd ~/grampsdev

python3 setup.py build

GRAMPSHOME=~ python3 Gramps.py

--

Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot _______________________________________________

Gramps-devel mailing list

[hidden email]

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

manzi.sam
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

manzi.sam
In reply to this post by dave.khuon@gmail.com
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

manzi.sam
In reply to this post by Josip
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by manzi.sam
22.3.2017. u 0:59, Sam Manzi je napisao/la:
> You need to uninstall the osmgpsmap package with:
>
>  pacman -R mingw-w64-x86_64-osmgpsmap-git
>
> As the MSYS2 package currently has issues.

Nothing needs to be uninstalled, i updated wiki pages with instruction
how to fix it.
Please remove yours osmgpsmap section and add package in initial Gramps
dependencies install. You are to FAST!

--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: new Windows developer - was: proposed patch (date-format report option)

Josip
In reply to this post by Oldest1
21.3.2017. u 23:11, [hidden email] je napisao/la:

> Again, thank you, Josip.
>
> In the meantime, I have installed PyCharm Community edition as my IDE
> and was able to load gramps and after adding  GRAMPSHOME to my project
> environment I no longer get the issue of trying to downgrade my existing
> data to an earlier DB environment.
>
> However I do get a number of other warnings all apparently dealing with
> "Failed Loading View" in various modules.
>
> Are these warnings to be expected or are there still packages or modules
> that need to be installed?
>
> A typical traceback looks like:
>
> /Traceback (most recent call last)://
> //  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py",
> line 239, in load_plugin//
> //    _module = self.import_plugin(pdata)//
> //  File "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\gen\plug\_manager.py",
> line 300, in import_plugin//
> //    module = __import__(pdata.mod_name)//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\view\geoclose.py", line
> 60, in <module>//
> //    from gramps.plugins.lib.maps.geography import GeoGraphyView//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\geography.py",
> line 62, in <module>//
> //    from .osmgps import OsmGps//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\osmgps.py",
> line 54, in <module>//
> //    from .dummylayer import DummyLayer//
> //  File
> "C:\msys64\home\arnold\grampsdev\gramps\plugins\lib\maps\dummylayer.py",
> line 59, in <module>//
> //    class DummyLayer(GObject.GObject, osmgpsmap.MapLayer)://
> //  File "C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\python3.5\site-packages\gi\module.py",
> line 222, in __getattr__//
> //    wrapper = metaclass(name, bases, dict_)//
> //  File "C:\msys64\mingw64\lib\python3.5\site-packages\gi\types.py",
> line 234, in __init__//
> //    register_interface_info(cls.__info__.get_g_type())//
> //TypeError: must be an interface/
>
>
> Arnold
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Gramps-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
>

I think that i now finished explaining how to rebuild required packages
or to install prebuilt ones on:
https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_for_Windows_with_MSYS2

--
Josip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Gramps-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gramps-devel
12345