source of gedcom import

Anton Huber
Hello,
since the new version 2 a source is generated by importing an gedcom
file. Can I delete is? If I want to delete it in "Source" I cannot
because Gramps stops. Or can you make an option not exporting sources
while exporting an gedcom file?

Best regards,

Anton

Re: source of gedcom import

Alex Roitman
Anton,

On 05/25/2005 09:01:27 AM, Anton Huber wrote:
> since the new version 2 a source is generated by importing an gedcom
> file.

Could you please be more specific? What is the portion of GEDCOM
responsible for this, and what source it creates that it should not?

> Can I delete is? If I want to delete it in "Source" I cannot
> because Gramps stops.

You should be able to delete any source you wish. What exactly
happens when 'Gramps stops'? If you start gramps from the terminal,
any messages you see when it stops?

> Or can you make an option not exporting sources while exporting
> an gedcom file?

Why export? Was the GEDCOM produced by GRAMPS as well?

I'm confused :-)
Alex

Re: source of gedcom import

Alex Roitman
On 05/25/2005 11:51:26 AM, Anton Huber wrote:
> Every person in my database has an source called "Aus 20050524.ged
> importieren" S0000. I do not want to have this, because if I want to
> give my database other people there will be "source rubbish".

I see.

> Nothing is show in the terminal.
> if I click on the button for deleting source, there comes an question
> if I want really want to delete it. After clicking on this button (the
> source for all persons shout delete so, is not it?). Nothing happens.
> I can change it for all, but not deleting.

We have just figured what's going on. This source is linked to every
person imported. Removing it using usual ways is very slow, because
every person gets rebuilt in the interface. We may be able to remove
it much quicker, this will be done in the next release. For now
I suggest you leave that source, until the next release allows
you to remove it smoothly. Because it is so slow, it appears that
gramps stopped.

> But now this bug came:
>
> Bei GRAMPS trat ein interner Fehler auf.
> Bitte kopieren Sie die Nachricht und melden Sie den Fehler unter
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps oder schicken Sie eine
> E-Mail an [hidden email]
>
> GRAMPS : 2.0.1-1
> LANG : de_DE.UTF-8
> Python : 2.3.4 final
> GTK : 2.4.14
> PyGTK : 2.4.1
> OS : Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 1241, in exportData
>     ret = gw.export_data(filename)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 627, in export_data
>     self.write_person(person)
>   File "/usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py", line 812, in write_person
>     if birth.get_description() != "":
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_description'
This is a silly typo. Please change your /usr/share/gramps/WriteGedcom.py
file on line number 812. Instead of
     if birth.get_description() != "":

it should be:
     if death.get_description() != "":

This will also be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,
Alex