Quantcast

tagging to multiple Persons, Sources etc

tagging to multiple Persons, Sources etc

Hans Ulrich Frink
Is it possible to select several persons (by filter or mouse) and
assign the same tag or colour flag to them in one step?

Re: tagging to multiple Persons, Sources etc

Hans Ulrich Frink
Thank you for answering.
Is there a key shortcut to tag?
Tagging works with Persons - also with sources?
Thanks in advance
Uli

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Hans Ulrich Frink
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to select several persons (by filter or mouse) and
> assign the same tag or colour flag to them in one step?

Re: tagging to multiple Persons, Sources etc

Peter Landgren
Hi,

You can only tag persons, families, media and notes.

/Peter

Hans Ulrich Frink skrev 2012-05-26 11:47:

> Thank you for answering.
> Is there a key shortcut to tag?
> Tagging works with Persons - also with sources?
> Thanks in advance
> Uli
>
> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Hans Ulrich Frink
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Is it possible to select several persons (by filter or mouse) and
>> assign the same tag or colour flag to them in one step?

Re: tagging to multiple Persons, Sources etc

Tom Hughes
On 26/05/12 11:35, Peter Landgren wrote:

> You can only tag persons, families, media and notes.

I'd really love to be able to tag places... Is there something which
makes that hard or is it just that nobody has done it yet?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: tagging to multiple Persons, Sources etc

Nick Hall-6
On 26/05/12 12:03, Tom Hughes wrote:
> On 26/05/12 11:35, Peter Landgren wrote:
>
>> You can only tag persons, families, media and notes.
> I'd really love to be able to tag places... Is there something which
> makes that hard or is it just that nobody has done it yet?
>
> Tom

Maybe we should extend tagging to all primary objects?

It isn't difficult to do, but will require a database upgrade to add the
extra tag field to the other objects.  In fact, when I first wrote the
tagging code I expected that we would add tags to all primary objects.
I can't remember the reason why we didn't.

I suggest that you raise a feature request for this
(bugs.gramps-project.org).

Re: tagging to multiple Persons, Sources etc

Benny Malengier
Tag started as a better replacement for markers, and as place did not have those (nor did anybody ask for it) ...

Indeed, adding it everywhere seems, in hindsight, better.

Benny

On 29/05/12 09:10, Benny Malengier wrote:

> Tag started as a better replacement for markers, and as place did not
> have those (nor did anybody ask for it) ...
>
> Indeed, adding it everywhere seems, in hindsight, better.

I've added http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5806 for this.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

On 29/05/12 09:23, Tom Hughes wrote:

> On 29/05/12 09:10, Benny Malengier wrote:
>
>> Tag started as a better replacement for markers, and as place did not
>> have those (nor did anybody ask for it) ...
>>
>> Indeed, adding it everywhere seems, in hindsight, better.
>
> I've added http://www.gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5806 for this.
>
> Tom

I've assigned this by to myself.

If there are no objections, the functionality will be available in the
next major release.