the calendar and wife's name

wpollans
Hello,

I'm using "Gnome gramps 2.0.11-2" (current ubuntu) with the calendar
report and have run into the following problem: some wives prefer to
known by their own name rather than that of their husband - the only
calendar options appear to be "use maiden names" or not for everyone.
I've tried defining a "married name" but that doesn't carry over to the
calendar.

How can I get the calendar to use the name I define rather than the
husband's last name?  What have I missed?  The "use maiden name" option
is not really helpful here because not everyone wants to be known by
their maiden name.  As a temporary solution I have posted two calendars
on my website - one with maiden names and one without.

Thanks,

Warren

Re: the calendar and wife's name

Don Allingham
I did not write the Calendar report, and the person who did has
disappeared, but I will try to guess at a good solution.

Each person can support multiple names. The preferred name is displayed
on the front of the Edit Person window, and is used for reports. If a
person goes by multiple names and prefers one, use this one as your
"preferred name", and the report should show it.

If you already have multiple names, you can switch preferred names by
selecting the name in the Name tab on the Edit Person window, right
click, and select "Make this the preferred name"

Don