Quantcast

version 3.4.0-1

Ben Steven
Been using Gramps for a long time but recently upgraded to 3.4.0-1. When I added a birth place to an existing person, it added it, and also to the Places tab. However at the same time it changed the Place of over 100 other people at the same time, overwriting the already entered data. Using this version on Linux Mint 14. Have searched your user forum but not found anything similar.

Re: version 3.4.0-1

Benny Malengier

2013/3/23 Ben Steven <[hidden email]>
Been using Gramps for a long time but recently upgraded to 3.4.0-1. When I
added a birth place to an existing person, it added it, and also to the
Places tab. However at the same time it changed the Place of over 100 other
people at the same time, overwriting the already entered data. Using this
version on Linux Mint 14. Have searched your user forum but not found
anything similar.

A Place is shared in events, so if you share an existing event, and change it, it changes everywhere you use it.
So, there is a difference in adding a new place to an event, and selecting an existing place.

What you describe seems like having shared a place, then changing it. Open the place by double clicking in the place view, and go to the references tab to see where a place is used.

Re: version 3.4.0-1

Ben Steven
Thanks Benny for your reply.
I have been looking into what I may have done wrong and yes I think I may have changed the Place instead of deleting it and then adding another. Thanks again.